The Ultimate Sennheiser HD800 Cable From Lawton Audio-- The Adrenaline! Plus Senn HD800 Connectors for DIY-ers!
Aug 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi phototristan,
As nc8000 says, you will need to use a balanced to single-ended adaptor to use the balanced cable on a single-ended amp.

Many of our customers have gone this way, as they have a single-ended amp at the present moment, but plan to go balanced down the road.

We sell an adaptor with Neutrik jacks for $99.

adaptorfinal.jpg

Evey time you introduce a new component into the signal path, in theory, there is potential for some degradation of the signal, no matter how teeny tiny and potentially imperceptible. If you can avoid adaptors or headphone extension cables, theoretically you are better off. The Jena wire is very high quality and the Neutrik jacks are very transparent, so any potential loss is going to be extremely minimal to the point of inaudibility on all but the best associated equipment.

Thanks for that info!

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. Does that give the same audio quality as a single ended 1/4" cable?

With my various APureSound recabled and balanced phones I have not been able to detect any degradation using similarily cabled xlr-1/4" and xlr-1/8" adaptors. The main hassle is that a male+female xlr adaptor set times 2 on the cable is a considerable weight and rather unwieldy, especially bad with 1/8" adaptor.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #18 of 40
[size=medium]HD800 Adrenaline Cable-- NOW SHIPPING![/size]
Many thanks to all those who pre-ordered their HD800 Adrenaline cables. Your cables are now en route to your hot little hands.

Demo units will be sent within the next two days.

We appreciate your patience in allowing us an extra week or so to deliver your cables, as we were a bit over-whelmed with the number of pre-orders. We recognize these initial orders mostly come from previous customers satisfied with our other products. We have every reason to believe you will be equally impressed with the Adrenaline!

From now on, lead-time on your Adrenaline cable will be 2-3 weeks. Please contact me here through e-mail or PM, or through the website Home

Cheers.

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the HD800 Connectors, what is the polarity orientation?

Not sure if this answers your question or not, but there is only one way they can plug in. On the HD800s and cables, there is a little nub and slot preventing the connectors from going in any other way.

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #21 of 40
phototristan,

Thank you for trying to help. My question is in regards to the "DIY" connector and wiring them. One pin on the inside is a different length than the other. I don't know which one is + or -

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #23 of 40
[size=medium]NEW! Hard-Wire Your Derenaline Cable![/size]
As great as the detachable Sennheiser connectors are, direct hard-wiring of your HD800 cable provides the best possible marriage of wire and headphone. Lawton Audio now offers direct hard-wiring of our amazing Adrenaline cable to your pair of HD800s for an additional $59 fee. Of course, you must send us your HD800 for this service. Turn-around time varies, please contact us for details.

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #24 of 40
Any reviews yet? initial impressions?

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 40
Postman left a slip that he tried to deliver the demo sample that I and darkless are going to reveiw and show off at the Danish meet. Will get to collect it Tuesday

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #26 of 40
It has arrived and Thursday it will meet the HD800 that it will spend the next weeks getting to know during burn-in

adrenaline.jpg

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has arrived and Thursday it will meet the HD800 that it will spend the next weeks getting to know during burn-in

adrenaline.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any updates?

I agree! How about some impressions nc8000.
icon10.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #29 of 40
I should have mine in a week or so I figured, but I was curious on what others peoples opinions were.

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #30 of 40
I can't personally give any impressions since I'm not the one with the HD800, just the facilitater, but the initial feedback that I got from darkless after 150 hours of burnin on the cable and more hours on the HD800 listening to a jazz piece that he is very familiar with with Danish bass player Niels Henning Ørsted Pedersen (or NHØP as he was known)was :

Loudness seems a bit louder and/or the signal seems a bit clearer. Tha transcients seem a bit more dynamic. Switching back to the stock cable somehow seemed to remove some of the listening enjoyment. No day and night differences and possibly differences I wouldn't detect if I weren't sitting and switching between the cables or hadn't been using my Weiss dac that is extremely detailed.

I will get to listen at the Danish meet October 3rd where 3 HD800 will be present, one with stock single ended cable, one with stock reterminated to balanced and one with the Adrenaline balanced cable. Also darkless will at some later point be posting his full findings in this thread.

The build quality is very good but we seem to agree that (at least visually) the plastic(ky?) Y joins are not up scratch with the rest of the cable, something in brushed metal matching the Xhadow and HD800 connectors would have been nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back