The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 12, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #78,031 of 90,500
Wireless stuff will always need charging. I, for one, hate having to charge my phone even, let alone earphones. And hearing the dreaded "battery low" in a kind lady's voice just as you're ascending sky high into musical climax is probably The worst thing ever. I mean ever.
Your terribly expensive DAP with non-replaceable batteries is immune to that?

There's also a slight chance it doesn't match the 36 hrs I get out of my ordinary Sony TWS :wink:

drftr

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #78,032 of 90,500
BUT I also don't like the argument of "if it's good enough for so and so (whether it be a pro player, a muscian, whatever the case) then it's good enough for you", just because someone else can use it and is fine with it, no matter who they are, doesn't necessarily mean I'll be comfortable with it. My refusal to adapt is an entirely different topic.
You mean you don't worship at the altar of her majesty Taylor Swift?

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #78,034 of 90,500
my favorite IEMs make podcasts entirely too musical, god bless AirPods. i need one boring ass audio device in my life, its like a nice lil palate cleanser.

plus the total silence on airplanes is a huge W.

Both worlds can co-exist :ksc75smile:

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #78,035 of 90,500

There's also a slight chance it doesn't match the 36 hrs I get out of my ordinary Sony TWS :wink:

drftr
Plus how do you use Orpheus with TWS?

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #78,036 of 90,500
Wireless stuff will always need charging. I, for one, hate having to charge my phone even, let alone earphones. And hearing the dreaded "battery low" in a kind lady's voice just as you're ascending sky high into musical climax is probably The worst thing ever. I mean ever.

Hi!

That’s a fair point and that’s currently a limitation. On the other hand technologies like over-the-air wireless charging are already existing and able to charge your phone just by being in a room with a charger. Obviously the current tech has its limitations but I imagine it’ll only get better. Add to that the constant improvements in battery tech giving more and more range (just look at the improvements in electric cars range in the last decade) and it doesn’t seem overly far fetched to imagine a not too crazy distant future where you won’t need to worry about charging the batteries by yourself anymore.
Let’s just hope it’s not going to take 30 years! :)

Cheers

Julien.

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #78,037 of 90,500
My kiddos daycare reopened today and I finally got a chance to unbox my Trifectas. I have...so many feelings about these. Like, paragraphs and paragraphs of feelings. I've been running them for an hour out of the box and I absolutely understand why these were so polarizing.
My face listening to the stock cable and tips:
😑
Then putting on eletech baroque tips:
🤔
Then putting on Eletech Victoria over the stock cable:
👀👂

There is going to be a review--like, a lengthy review, because I have pages of thoughts on the aesthetic alone, but--man. These are weird. When they don't work, they don't work, and when they work, they  slap. I genuinely have to think through how I want to articulate this.

Also, for those eyeing the golden sunset edition, there is this purple undertone running through the shells that renders them more amethyst tint than black. Which is to say:
1. Do not go by the product photos--lighting is tricky
2. I really need someone to sell me their Tyrion cable now, because as good as the eletech victoria sounds (and it sounds stupid good with these), the blue with the purple is absolutely killing my OCD.
20240112_112235.jpg

(Stock cable above, in case anyone was wondering about the look)
I think @Rockwell75 is an absolute madman for having these as a daily driver, but man, these are just so weird. Like wonderfully, strangely weird. I did not expect to like these with electronica, but, no, there's something working here. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's working.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #78,038 of 90,500
My kiddos daycare reopened today and I finally got a chance to unbox my Trifectas. I have...so many feelings about these. Like, paragraphs and paragraphs of feelings. I've been running them for an hour out of the box and I absolutely understand why these were so polarizing.
My face listening to the stock cable and tips:
😑
Then putting on eletech baroque tips:
🤔
Then putting on Eletech Victoria over the stock cable:
👀👂

There is going to be a review--like, a lengthy review, because I have pages of thoughts on the aesthetic alone, but--man. These are weird. When they don't work, they don't work, and when they work, they  slap. I genuinely have to think through how I want to articulate this.

Also, for those eyeing the golden sunset edition, there is this purple undertone running through the shells that renders them more amethyst tint than black. Which is to say:
1. Do not go by the product photos--lighting is tricky
2. I really need someone to sell me their Tyrion cable now, because as good as the eletech victoria sounds (and it sounds stupid good with these), the blue with the purple is absolutely killing my OCD.
20240112_112235.jpg
I think @Rockwell75 is an absolute madman for having these as a daily driver, but man, these are just so weird. Like wonderfully, strangely weird. I did not expect to like these with electronica, but, no, there's something working here. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's working.
The line between madman and genius is often razor thin. You do not need to know why you like something, just that you do. Always trust your gut.

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #78,039 of 90,500
Plus how do you use Orpheus with TWS?
Orpheus to tie to TWS so that they won't fall or disappear, just like your eyeglasses string holder, except thicker and more noble?

Jan 12, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #78,040 of 90,500
my favorite IEMs make podcasts entirely too musical, god bless AirPods. i need one boring ass audio device in my life, its like a nice lil palate cleanser.

plus the total silence on airplanes is a huge W.

Both worlds can co-exist :ksc75smile:
Sony and Apple for planes. Both can exist. Both is good. Sometimes you want music other times you want pod casts.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #78,041 of 90,500
the ddHiFi tc35c

Made a post several days ago showing some of my smol audio gadgets, and figured it would be irresponsible not to mention that the tc35c sucks. I really like the form factor, but it's prone to making noise when you move around with it, and even changes volume and skips tracks on its own. Even around the house. It was worse when I was out and about with it.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #78,042 of 90,500
Are companies like PW audio ever going to go to the conx swap style kit. I'd much rather have multiple 2 pin adapters plugged into each IEM then just swap cables/IEMs easily. This is so superior to 2pin cables and it essentially negates damage to the female 2pin.

I emailed EA and they said the fee to re-terminate is $70/cable, which is eligible for NON EA cables as well like PWA =)

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #78,043 of 90,500
I emailed EA and they said the fee to re-terminate is $70/cable, which is eligible for NON EA cables as well like PWA =)
EA=Eletech Audio? Just want to make sure i know where to send the cable to. Thanks.

drftr
I thought you could change out the batteries on the DX320 MAX Ti Digital Audio Player? Or am I imagining things?

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #78,045 of 90,500
Could be. It would be an exception rather than the norm though. Which is... kind of... insane???

drftr

To the Max and Beyond!

PROS: reference quality audio performance (quad ROHM DACs) with a very clean, transparent, natural tuning and a big soundstage expansion, independent batteries and charging system for analog and digital sections, analog stepped attenuator volume control, hi-res 5” display, Ti chassis, Snapdragon 660 w/optimized Android 11, 6GB RAM/128GB Storage, 4.4mm/3.5mm LO and PO, dual Android & Mango (Unix) OS, fast charging.

https://twister6.com/2023/08/07/ibasso-dx320-max-ti/

Am I misreading the part? Or does independent batteries not mean replaceable batteries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back