The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 7, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #80,821 of 90,484
My next Summit-Fi IEM arrived. True TOTL level, chocolatey vocal, deep bass, holographic sound stage, end game for everyone 🤣

IMG_3539.jpeg

Joke aside, this IEM is actually far better than I expected, the bass quantity is there and surprisingly the quality is not bad, the details are there but the highs sounded a bit recessed. Soundstage is quite wide probably due to its strange housing with extra space……

Overall it is a bassy set and not bad for EDM tracks. Considering its price is below USD30, this set is definitely a great contender in this price bracket if you are brave enough to use these bad boys on street.

The whole housing is quite light so it is actually comfortable to wear 😅
We're going to need pictures of them in your ears.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #80,822 of 90,484
We're going to need pictures of them in your ears.
i was going to ask this but didn't want to like... be put on some sort of list.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #80,823 of 90,484
i was going to ask this but didn't want to like... be put on some sort of list.
If you buy these, I can pretty much guarantee that's happening anyway :wink:

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #80,824 of 90,484
See you in the digital universe @aaf evo :wink:

Ever since I used Oculus nearly 10 years ago, I fully believed in the concept but felt it was far far away. It's as if someone showed me an iPhone in 1990. I didn't preorder purely due to hype, but several of my friends can't stop raving about it. One of them has stopped using their computer monitor since taking delivery last week (he's a SWE) and another says it's a big upgrade from their home theatre. If there's one thing I'm more enthusiastic about than audio, it's technology. I'm excited. Don't let me down Apple :fingers_crossed:

IMG_0108.jpeg

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #80,825 of 90,484
My personal goals include inspiring a healthy combination of jealousy and crippling depression in my peers/enemies, if for no other reason than maximum intimidation.

I'll be at canjam to hang out and socialize (something I missed out on last time, curse this calf injury), but otherwise at most I'm casually window shopping. It also probably doesn't help that I have so many bills coming up that my disposable income is virtually nonexistent for at least the remainder of this year.
Living life the same way I do lol, absolute respect mate

Won't make it to Canjam unfortunately since my next trip to the city is in June. I never even bothered to book a hotel lol so I'm hella late and also severely out of money after having the genius idea of skipping iem tiers.

Buying a Variations and then immediately following that up with a Xenns Up and the Pula PA02 for giggles so by some twisted hand of fate that chinese new year fortunes about finances my mother told me became truth. I'm hoping the bad investment portion fortune is just the Pula PA02 having wiggling sockets.

So I'm in the same problems financially except I didn't save money for canjam because I'm still at the phase of "yeah but I could buy iems with that money" phase lol, I'll make it a goal to get there though

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #80,826 of 90,484
My next Summit-Fi IEM arrived. True TOTL level, chocolatey vocal, deep bass, holographic sound stage, end game for everyone 🤣

IMG_3539.jpeg

Joke aside, this IEM is actually far better than I expected, the bass quantity is there and surprisingly the quality is not bad, the details are there but the highs sounded a bit recessed. Soundstage is quite wide probably due to its strange housing with extra space……

Overall it is a bassy set and not bad for EDM tracks. Considering its price is below USD30, this set is definitely a great contender in this price bracket if you are brave enough to use these bad boys on street.

The whole housing is quite light so it is actually comfortable to wear 😅
Why anyone would want those in their ears regardless of sound is beyond me...

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #80,827 of 90,484
Pardon me if there is already a discussion on this elsewhere on Head-fif, but can anyone recommend a decent but not super expensive travelling case that would hold 3-4 over-ear headphones and a variety of cables and other accessories? I looked at ones like this which are designed for DJ's to cart around their cables and gear, but the internal dividers were too floppy though the overall capacity was basically ok. I've also looked at camera-centric ones which are higher-quality with better internal structure, but they are designed to be more shallow to fit camera bodies versus headphones, and are more expensive. My goal is more about storing my most-used headphones, cables, and doo-hickeys at home and moving them room to room versus traveling with everything outside of the house.

Any input is appreciated!

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #80,828 of 90,484
IMG_4139.jpeg

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #80,830 of 90,484
Feb 7, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #80,831 of 90,484
Living life the same way I do lol, absolute respect mate

Won't make it to Canjam unfortunately since my next trip to the city is in June. I never even bothered to book a hotel lol so I'm hella late and also severely out of money after having the genius idea of skipping iem tiers.

Buying a Variations and then immediately following that up with a Xenns Up and the Pula PA02 for giggles so by some twisted hand of fate that chinese new year fortunes about finances my mother told me became truth. I'm hoping the bad investment portion fortune is just the Pula PA02 having wiggling sockets.

So I'm in the same problems financially except I didn't save money for canjam because I'm still at the phase of "yeah but I could buy iems with that money" phase lol, I'll make it a goal to get there though
Well there’s multiple Canjam per year, just look up the schedule and see one that works for you.

Stateside there’s Dallas, SoCal, Chicago and NYC.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #80,832 of 90,484
Well there’s multiple Canjam per year, just look up the schedule and see one that works for you.

Stateside there’s Dallas, SoCal, Chicago and NYC.
ooh I didn't know that lol thanks for the heads up, I live in LI so the closest is the NYC happening and I doubt I'd make it to the other ones but since I overspent I'll have to remember for next time it rolls around lol.

That is if I don't find something sweet, I'm still sad I missed out on that Da Vinci X since I was 100 bucks short lol

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #80,833 of 90,484
I'm happy to see you managed to find a demo unit and spend some time with it!
Thank you so much for the short review, I'm glad you liked them :)
Actually it’s one of the 25, @gmfg1 purchased them and I got a chance to have a listen at his home (way better than any shop)

I couldn’t not share my impressions :)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #80,834 of 90,484
ooh I didn't know that lol thanks for the heads up, I live in LI so the closest is the NYC happening and I doubt I'd make it to the other ones but since I overspent I'll have to remember for next time it rolls around lol.

That is if I don't find something sweet, I'm still sad I missed out on that Da Vinci X since I was 100 bucks short lol
As in Long Island? That’s a subway ride away! $20 and you’re in!

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #80,835 of 90,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back