The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 16, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #89,431 of 90,410
Nice photo and impressions.

How does Bellos X4 fit in between Fei Wan & Amber Pearl?
The Bellos X4 is my (warm) Neutral palate cleanser....its an all rounder and a great tool for rolling/testing Daps as well due to its more neutral nature.

May 16, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #89,432 of 90,410
May 17, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #89,433 of 90,410
Can someone please share opinions of the Trailli + Wm1zm2 combo? I'll get to demo the Sony but only in July.

Ok it’s my first day really listening to this combination. Mostly on flight (less than optimal listening conditions), but now wrapping up my day at the hotel with bit of quiet listening. Super early impressions based on very limited listening time -

I really like this combination.

The 1Zm2 has a very liquid, sweet presentation. Not as warm as I thought it would be; for example my SP2000 is warmer, but is a touch warmer than neutral and, mostly, has a beautiful way of making notes sound natural - if there was an opposite of analytical, this would be it - but, there is no lack of technicalities: simply, resolution, imaging, etc are all portrayed effortlessly.

That really works well with the Traillii. I was mentioning earlier today elsewhere to some friends that, if I used standardized testing question styled analogy, my Sultan is to the Traillii what ZMF is to Susvara. Just as the Susvara sores with an amp that lends it more body and texture, I find the same thing is happening with the Traillii - it’s spacious and delicate presentation works so well with this DAP, which gives it a sweet texture.

The end result is that both disappear and I just enjoy the music.

Andrea Motis is a wonderful young Spanish jazz singer and trumpeter. On her album “Emotional Dance”, I was listening to the track “He’s funny that say” and admiring how sweet the trumpet was sounding (an instrument with lots of natural odd harmonic that can be aggressively rendered at times). [available in CD]

I have DSD recording of Clandestine Amigo’s album “Temporary Circumstances”. The first track “Somewhere” has a beautiful quiet melody sung by lead female singer with accompanying piano, backup singer, bowed double-bass, and acoustic guitar. Some of these are very subtle, but all detail is captured beautifully, without anything feeling pushed at you. This is non-fatiguing listening at its best, while appreciating all the music has to offer. [available from Octave Records]

On Boz Skaggs’ “Desire”, the very low bass of the electric bass and hi hats treble are separated as well as very well imaged (hi hats coming distinctly from right, slightly forward and up; male singer are center forward, and backup singers are further back and slightly to the left).

This combo can also hit real hard an punchy when called for. On Aaliyah’s wonderful cover of “Got to give it up”, bass is extremely thick and grabby. I’m listening to this track as I type and it’s an outright blast!

My overall conclusion (very first impressions!) is that this is a combo for pure music delight. It has all the technicalities I’d want, but it’s not meant for someone who is looking to analyze music, but for someone who wants the music to take over all thinking and just swing with joy ❤️

May 17, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #89,434 of 90,410
Dad took a snap of me mixing last night’s church service. (And, yes, those are the X4’s, @warrenpchi. :wink:)

RNI-Films-IMG-8C2169F3-F595-4B57-96E8-104EAE91003D.jpeg

This was Day 7 of our Pentecost celebrations, which, for me, entails 10 nights in a row of live-mixing, mastering and translating the sermons to English. 😁 But, the Lord never fails to reward good work handsomely. ‘Just 3 more to go!

May 17, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #89,435 of 90,410
Just wanted to share some cool pics I used in my review of the Simgot EM6L Phoenix 😁.
1000021011.jpg

1000021883.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #89,437 of 90,410
That makes complete sense. Man, now I need to head to a CanJam so I can demo the Fir Frontier series myself. I've always been curious about that Kinetic Bass implementation.

So with the question of customs or universal settled, you only need to decide between the Xe6 and Rn6! :smile:

Dad took a snap of me mixing last night’s church service. (And, yes, those are the X4’s, @warrenpchi. :wink:)

RNI-Films-IMG-8C2169F3-F595-4B57-96E8-104EAE91003D.jpeg

This was Day 7 of our Pentecost celebrations, which, for me, entails 10 nights in a row of live-mixing, mastering and translating the sermons to English. 😁 But, the Lord never fails to reward good work handsomely. ‘Just 3 more to go!

Nice! 🥰 That's a pretty decent crowd too! @vladbellos would be proud! :relaxed:

May 17, 2024 at 3:12 AM Post #89,439 of 90,410
May 17, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #89,440 of 90,410
Now that comes as as surprise to me. Great review, thanks! Pity you don’t know the Anni 23, I would have loved to hear about your comparison between the two, especially regarding treble!
Yes that would be absolute interesting I hope someday I can compare the Anni 23 with it! But Gaia not only is amazing in the treble. The bass is a further highlight here I remind Anni 23 is not so good in that area.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #89,441 of 90,410
Penon-Renata.jpg

I've just compared the impressive new $269 Penon Renata to the Effect Audio Code 24 & Liquid Links Venom - you're invited to read my full review here. :smile:

May 17, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #89,442 of 90,410
Guess I'll need to get PEQ on the go today... 😁

1000016533.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #89,443 of 90,410
Honeymoon phase with new toys - L&P E7 exclusive edition and QDCxFitear Superior EX

EX was a blind buy gamble. Very happy I jumped on this. Beautiful tuning. Fun DD bass, clear mids/vocals, and no-sibilance smooth treble. Some DC Ti vibe, just not as big nor extended. Fatigue-free and very easy to love. Excellent performance/price ratio. I hope this model makes it out of Japan soon.

Superior EX tempt me a loooot!
Would be interesting to compare it with more expensive iems as NiceHck Hymalaya, Dita PM and Elysian Pilgrim
I found some reviews...

https://ddz-jp.com/review-qdcxfitear-superiorex/
https://www.appbankstore.jp/article/?p=232792

1715943187586.png

May 17, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #89,444 of 90,410
Original review here https://ddz-jp.com/review-qdcxfitear-superiorex/

TRANSLATION: qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” audio performance​

image image

The audio performance of "SUPERIOR EX" is born from the attention to detail in its design.

This section provides detailed information on bass, midrange, and treble analysis, staging and imaging, and performance by genre.

Analysis of low, mid and high ranges​

"SUPERIOR EX" provides balanced performance in each frequency band.

• Low Frequency : SUPERIOR EX's low frequency is deep and powerful, but never blurry and precisely controlled. This allows the rhythm section to be vividly reproduced, and has the power to draw the listener in even in genres where bass is important, such as jazz, classical, and electronic music.
  • Midrange : The midrange faithfully reproduces the natural sound of vocals and instruments. The clear and transparent midrange expresses even the delicate nuances of vocals and acoustic instruments, giving you a sense of realism as if you were listening to a live performance.
  • High range : The high range is smooth, yet has high resolution of detail, delicately depicting each cymbal crash and string vibration. It features an airy high range that is stimulating but does not sting your ears.

Staging and imaging​

"SUPERIOR EX" perfectly captures the spatial expanse of music with its excellent staging and imaging.

The placement of the sound sources is clear and the position of each instrument is clearly felt, so the dynamics of large orchestras and live performances are realistically reproduced.

This imaging accuracy helps you understand music more deeply.

Performance by genre​

SUPERIOR EX is highly versatile and can be adapted to a variety of music genres.

It faithfully reproduces powerful drums and vivid guitar solos in rock and pop music, and the rich orchestral harmony and delicate interplay of a jazz trio in jazz and classical music.

In electronic music and hip-hop, the depth and punch of the low end emphasizes the rhythm and gives the music a sense of energy.

With these characteristics, "SUPERIOR EX" provides a diverse musical experience and demonstrates its quality in any listening environment.

By understanding the characteristics of each type of music, you can bring out the best out of it.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” competitive comparison and market positioning​

image image

SUPERIOR EX occupies a unique position in the high-quality audio market.

This section provides a detailed analysis of how SUPERIOR EX is positioned in the market, as well as a comparison with competitors' products.

Comparison with competitors' products​

There are many high-quality earphones on the market that SUPERIOR EX competes with.

For example, brands like Shure, Sennheiser, and Westone offer products to a similar target audience.

These products also offer professional sound quality, excellent build quality, and high comfort, but SUPERIOR EX specifically differentiates itself by:

• Design and Materials : Aluminum housing and unique design language give it a look and feel that sets it apart from the competition.
  • Acoustic performance : As a result of combining QDC and FitEar technologies, the accuracy of imaging and staging is particularly high, and the ability to capture even the smallest sound details is excellent.
  • Customization options : A variety of accessories and customizable options allow users to fine-tune the sound quality according to their own preferences.

Market positioning​

"SUPERIOR EX" is a product primarily targeted at music lovers and professional users.

This segment requires not only sound quality but also overall quality such as design, usability, and durability.

SUPERIOR EX has established itself as a high-end professional earphone in the market with its all-round high performance.

This product has also contributed to increasing brand recognition both domestically and internationally, and has been particularly effective in strengthening our presence in the Asian market.

The collaboration of top brands from Japan and China has attracted attention from audio enthusiasts not only in Asia but also globally.

conclusion​

SUPERIOR EX's outstanding performance and unique market position make it unique in the highly competitive audio market, giving it a reason to be chosen by many listeners.

The product therefore has a unique position within the market and is expected to enjoy continued success.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” user experience and evaluation​

image image

The SUPERIOR EX user experience is meticulously planned across each touchpoint, starting from the product's design concept and ending with use.

This section provides a detailed explanation of how users experience these earbuds and how the market reviews are formed.

Early impressions and unboxing experience​

"SUPERIOR EX" is provided in a luxurious package.

From the moment you open the box, you can feel the attention to quality and design of our products.

The packaging is intuitive, easy to take out, and at the same time creates excitement for the product.

The accessories are well organized, with each item protected yet easily accessible.

Fit and comfort​

SUPERIOR EX earpieces are available in a variety of sizes to fit a variety of ear shapes.

The shape of the earphones themselves is ergonomically designed to reduce discomfort even when used for long periods of time.

This comfort is highly rated in user reviews and is supported by users in a wide range of scenarios, from everyday use to professional environments.

Reaction to sound quality​

User reaction to sound quality is one of the most important evaluation points for SUPERIOR EX.

Listeners are pleased with its wide frequency response and clear soundstage, especially its balanced bass, crisp midrange, and transparent highs.

Regardless of the music genre, the wide range of expressive power is popular among users.

Market ratings and feedback​

"SUPERIOR EX" is highly rated on audio specialty review sites and forums.

Many experts have praised its technical sophistication and acoustic performance, recognizing its uniqueness and value compared to competitive products.

User feedback also contributes to continuous product improvement, which manufacturers use to inform further product development.

conclusion​

SUPERIOR EX has received high praise from users for its superior design, comfortable fit, and outstanding sound quality.

Together, these elements provide listeners with a memorable audio experience and solidify their success in the market.

My experiences and reviews using qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX”​

image image

My encounter with these earphones​

The first day I got my hands on SUPERIOR EX, the moment I opened the solid package was a special moment.

When I opened the box, the luxurious feel and detailed packaging made my expectations for the product even higher.

When I picked up the earphones, I was impressed by their texture and precision construction.

The aluminum casing was light, durable, and very stylish.

Feeling of wearing​

Thanks to the wide range of earpiece size options, it didn't take me long to find the perfect fit.

When you try it on, you will be surprised at how well it fits.

Even if you wear them for a long time, you won't feel any discomfort in your ears, and it feels like the earphones are melting into your ears.

It continued to be comfortable not only when listening to music, but also when watching videos and making calls.

Quest for sound quality​

The moment I started playing music, I was able to see the true value of SUPERIOR EX.

Although the low range is deep and powerful, it never overwhelms the other ranges.

The clarity of the midrange faithfully reproduces even the delicate nuances of vocals and acoustic guitars, and the sophisticated sound of the high range clearly depicts each cymbal stroke.

When listening to classical music, the breadth of the orchestra was overwhelming, and the staging and imaging were so excellent that you could clearly feel the position of each instrument.

Live recordings of jazz music have such a realistic feel that you can even feel the atmosphere of the venue, and I felt as if I were actually there.

Impact on daily life​

"SUPERIOR EX" has become an essential item in my daily life.

Listening to your favorite playlist on your way to work is something you look forward to during the day, and in the evening you can calm down and reflect on your day while listening to classical music.

I look forward to listening to music even more, and the time I spend with SUPERIOR EX has become special.

conclusion​

"SUPERIOR EX" is more than just an earphone.

Its outstanding sound quality, comfort, and beautiful design bring the joy of music to your everyday life and enrich your special moments.

It's my partner in music life, and I'm sure I'll continue to use it for a long time.

Q&A regarding qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX”​

image image

qdc × FitEar We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding "SUPERIOR EX".

What are the characteristics of "SUPERIOR EX"?​

"SUPERIOR EX" is a high-performance earphone created through a collaboration between QDC and FitEar. Featuring an aluminum housing, unique driver design, and precision tuning, it delivers a clear, well-balanced soundstage.

How do these earphones feel?​

"SUPERIOR EX" is designed to maintain comfort even during long periods of use. Earpieces come in multiple sizes, allowing you to choose the perfect fit. This makes it comfortable to wear and reduces fatigue.

What music genre is it suitable for?​

SUPERIOR EX's well-balanced sound quality makes it suitable for a wide range of music genres, including classical, jazz, rock, pop, and electronic. Precise reproduction of each range makes it ideal for enjoying a variety of musical styles.

What is the advantage of "SUPERIOR EX" compared to other high-end earphones?​

SUPERIOR EX is differentiated from other high-end earphones, especially in its design and material selection.

The aluminum housing and precision acoustic design combine superior durability with a beautiful appearance.

Additionally, due to the fusion of QDC and FitEar's specialized technologies, it has received high praise for its sound quality.

Is the cable of "SUPERIOR EX" replaceable?​

The cable of "SUPERIOR EX" is replaceable. A high-quality cable is included as standard, but can be customized with options such as different materials or balanced cables.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” review summary​

image image

Through our review of SUPERIOR EX, we have explored how this earphone meets the needs of music lovers and professional users.

The main points are summarized below.

Fusion of technology and innovation​

"SUPERIOR EX" is a product that brings together the strengths of QDC and FitEar.

The technology and innovation of these brands combine to deliver high-quality sound and a superior user experience.

In particular, precision driver design, advanced tuning technology, and a shape design with user comfort in mind are at the core of this product.

Excellence in sound quality​

SUPERIOR EX's balanced acoustic performance allows it to demonstrate its true potential in a wide variety of music genres.

The depth of the low range, the clarity of the midrange, and the detailed expressiveness of the high range all come together to provide a deep impression to the listener.

This allows us to capture the essence of any music and express it in detail.

Well-designed user experience​

Comfortable fit, ease of use, and beautiful design are the reasons why SUPERIOR EX is highly rated in the market.

A comfortable fit that can withstand long periods of use, and accessories designed for ease of use support everything from everyday listening to professional use.

Market and community impact​

"SUPERIOR EX" has received positive feedback from music lovers and audio professionals.

This product sets a new standard for users seeking high-quality music playback.

It also contributes to further enhancing QDC and FitEar's brand image and solidifying their position in the market.

qdc × FitEar “SUPERIOR EX” review summary​

SUPERIOR EX is a product that combines innovative technology, outstanding sound quality, and user-friendly design.

These elements combine to create an unparalleled audio experience for listeners.

Its success on the market is a testament to these factors, which will make it a reliable choice for music lovers and audio professionals for many years to come.

May 17, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #89,445 of 90,410
which module do you use the xenon 6 headphones with? how big is the difference between them? does it only affect the low volume? what material is the factory cable made of exactly? can it be bought separately? if so, what is its exact name? is there an audible difference compared to custom cables, or is your factory cable already high-end? I somehow find it hard to imagine that they create an IEM with such amazing sound quality as the xenon 6 and degrade its performance with a bad factory cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back