The worst offenders for headphone hair?
Sep 22, 2007 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

leng jai

1000+ Head-Fier
One thing I've noticed since switching from the HD595s to the HD650s that has nothing to do with the sound is that the HD650s don't give me headphone hair. What I mean by headphone hair is that the headband on the cans usually leave the hair directly under the headband considerably flatter than the rest of your hair. Of course this looks completely ridiculous and the effect usually doesn't go away until I wash my hair.

The HD595s gave me terrible for this probably due to their extra thick padded headband. However, the headband on the HD650s doesn't give me headphone hair at all even after extended periods of use. I mean my hair is slightly flattened but this is easily fixed by messing up my hair and then getting it roughly back to its normal shape. So which headphones are particularly bad/good for the phenomonen known as headphone hair?

(and no this isn't about vanity, its about not having dumb looking hair when you wanna go out after a longish listening session)

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 33
The hd555's gave me bad hair when it was grown out... Sometimes I would forget about it and go out like that. I could usually wipe it out with my hand though.

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 33
I kinda like the Audio Technicas and their skull pads, when I gel my hair it kinda leaves my hair with a faux mohwak or frohawk. lol.

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't necessarily make threads like these unless you're a woman.

just sayin'

wow, that's quite narrow minded... I'm a bloke, I dig soccer and beer and still I don't like walking around with a big dent on my head due to headphone use... so that makes me a woman? good to know, excuse me while I fix my headphone hair so I can go and get some sanitary towels
tongue.gif

BTW: I have little trouble since I switched to a flatter hairstyle and if I put the headband a bit further back on my head (where the hair is flatter anyway). This way I can even wear the heavy MS2i for a couple of hours without having to worry about it.

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:50 AM Post #7 of 33
I've got Chinese hair too but it always seems to spring back after extended headphone usage (HD 595 and SA5000)
smily_headphones1.gif

Slightly off-topic but I just got my hair cut (it was covering my ears) and I'm getting better isolation with my SA5000
etysmile.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, that's quite narrow minded... I'm a bloke, I dig soccer and beer and still I don't like walking around with a big dent on my head due to headphone use... so that makes me a woman? good to know, excuse me while I fix my headphone hair so I can go and get some sanitary towels
tongue.gif

LOL! I'm a woman and I know plenty of guys who hate to be seen with either headphone OR helmet hair - why? It looks silly and people laugh. I don't see why only women would care about walking round with a flat head!
icon10.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #9 of 33
this is a silly thread... are u drunk when u posted this?? I am drunk as i am reading this.. and its funny!!

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #10 of 33
lol i have fairly messed up long hair, not styled or anything and i've been a victim of helmet hair for years (damn motorbike helmets being so tight), people have nicknamed my hair style but it's just a laugh, doesn't bother me at all.. part of the fun.

my headphones don't leave any 'dents' on my head though.

Sep 22, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats some real dedication to shave your head for your new phones!

have you seen the price of those TakeT's? shaving your head isn't the biggest offer you're making
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by milamber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well his name is "leng jai" which in chinese roughly translates to pretty boy. Guess you can't blame him for not wanting headphone hair eh? :p

classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back