THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #346 of 1,373
Your return policy seems to be costly for the consumer and very restricted, at some point it makes more sense to resale than return. Praising your low return rate when your return policy is the way it is doesn't make much sense to me.
A looser return policy is costly for the consumer who shops intelligently and doesn't make a habit of returning items to small manufacturers based locally. I buy, I keep.

As these are not inexpensive headphones, it would be a shame to have to buy them without any return options other than selling at a loss. Are there any buy and try options out there? What absolute beautiful headphones ZMF produce. Truly works of art to look at.
Most vendors simply raise the price for everyone x% and do free returns. Frankly I'd rather save x% since I don't do returns to small local manufacturers.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #348 of 1,373
I've been researching Black Cherry wood to learn more and decide if I wanna pull the trigger on a cherry set.

Coincidentally, visited the University of Washington's quad where they're in full bloom. So beautiful. Would be an awesome photo opp with an Atrium sitting in front. I'm open to a unit in exchange for some photos @zach915m lmao :wink:
Gorgeous!! So is the wood on the Atrium Black Cherry or Sweet Cherry? I haven’t been able to find a “standard” Cherry on wood-database.com. Not that the difference is significant, I’m just curious.

Mar 22, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #349 of 1,373

Anyway, I don't think you have much to lose financially trying used and reselling if they're not for you. The ZMFs I've even had for months or years in a couple cases didn't drop in sale price at all. Hopefully some of that is helpful.
Yes, for certain your thoughts are quite helpful. Appreciated. I did own a very early on ZMF, a Vibro X, but that has nothing to do with the current iteration of ZMF. I think I may take the advice and when the moment is right look at a decent used model to try and see. I hope people understand that I am not at all bashing, it is just really difficult when you never hear critiques, it just makes you wonder. Appreciate your, and the other replies in the thread. Cheers.

Mar 22, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #350 of 1,373
Yes, for certain your thoughts are quite helpful. Appreciated. I did own a very early on ZMF, a Vibro X, but that has nothing to do with the current iteration of ZMF. I think I may take the advice and when the moment is right look at a decent used model to try and see. I hope people understand that I am not at all bashing, it is just really difficult when you never hear critiques, it just makes you wonder. Appreciate your, and the other replies in the thread. Cheers.
It’s a fair observation for someone new and unfamiliar with the ZMF dynamics. I get we might look like the cult of ZMF to someone without context of our ZMF experience 😂. I think everyone was just trying to provide said context.

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #351 of 1,373
Gorgeous!! So is the wood on the Atrium Black Cherry or Sweet Cherry? I haven’t been able to find a “standard” Cherry on wood-database.com. Not that the difference is significant, I’m just curious.
I'm also curious which subspecies will be used. Zach would be the best suited to answer that question. I think the American Black Cherry tree is used most often for woodworking in the states, but I'm not certain.

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #352 of 1,373
I'm also curious which subspecies will be used. Zach would be the best suited to answer that question. I think the American Black Cherry tree is used most often for woodworking in the states, but I'm not certain.
It's Prunus serotina and our seller names it "Pennsylvania Cherry" since that's where it was harvested. I think that might also be called "sweet cherry" as well.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 23, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #353 of 1,373
I dont post often but the Atrium and the wood selection really caught my eye.

The aged copper and cherry is so flipping unique. In my head it really embodies the Atrium name. It looks like you walked into an old church or cathedral, one with a sunny courtyard garden. As you sit on the bench you see and feel the metal and wood construction that was made decades ago but is still withstanding. It is aged, but not from sitting in the elements. It has aged and molded to its years of use. The copper armrests are patina'ed but its not green, the friction of human hands keep them almost buffed. The wood has soaked up sun dirt and oils and has softly started to morph to reflect the hundreds of rear ends it has accommodated.

The non-aged cherry also is superb and i will love to see those after they do age in a few years. For those wondering, cherry gains a robust warm amber color. All wood cuts are different but years back I made a "trophy" for my hockey team to give to the player with the least points and mostly to goof on each other. I used new cherry and tru-oil, very similar to the standard Atriums. Attached is a pic of it newly finished as well as one with a few years of low sun exposure aging. Gorgeous Cherry Chatoyancy.

I will personally be trying my best for a bubinga set as I love red tinted woods. I would even say my dream ZMF would be a Redwood flame or burl, thats if Redwood is not too soft for the task.

Attachments

• a26642de65e993f9960ebfbd365d6545d93ac7c6_2_564x1000.jpeg
    a26642de65e993f9960ebfbd365d6545d93ac7c6_2_564x1000.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 4b90e814fba47693245167788bca6775252b24cb_2_562x1000.jpeg
    4b90e814fba47693245167788bca6775252b24cb_2_562x1000.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #356 of 1,373
...cough, tubes, cough...

Actually, on a more serious note, I tried the VOs last night with my Elekit TU-8200R which has crazy high output impedance, but with the 300 ohm VO it's amazing! I'll try the VCs this morning and let you know if they're equally as spectacular. I expect they will be

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #358 of 1,373
Just got a shipping notice for my VC Koa!!! Was expecting to wait 8 wks not 6 days.

I guess I need to buy an amp now - I've been getting by with my iFi GO Blu but somehow don't think that will do these justice. Hmmm....
Tubes are indeed your friend.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #359 of 1,373
Just got a shipping notice for my VC Koa!!! Was expecting to wait 8 wks not 6 days.

I guess I need to buy an amp now - I've been getting by with my iFi GO Blu but somehow don't think that will do these justice. Hmmm....
They've really cut their wait times down! I was surprised it took less than two weeks to get my VO Blackwood.

Mar 23, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #360 of 1,373

They've really cut their wait times down! I was surprised it took less than two weeks to get my VO Blackwood.
We've been working hard to cut our wait times down, but I've been hesitant to change the timing on the site right before a release, so we will adjust it on the site likely at the end of April.

That being said, if you've wanted to order something that's not an Atrium, before the Atrium is released is the time to do it to cut the wait down.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back