ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jun 1, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #2,566 of 4,773
The level of the Oracle's upper treble and its metallic shimmer make it quite fatiguing for me. Given the fact that, in the frequency diagrams, the Oracle is the one out of the Thieaudio EST-lineup with the least aggressive treble, this was quite a surprise.
Yeah. :/ In general, it seems that you get MORE TREBLE the more expensive an IEM is, within the same company. I need smooth treble, and physical bass, also with high resolution, texture & air/space within. No idea what that might be; maybe U12T? Legacy X? Euclid?

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,567 of 4,773
The level of the Oracle's upper treble and its metallic shimmer make it quite fatiguing for me. Given the fact that, in the frequency diagrams, the Oracle is the one out of the Thieaudio EST-lineup with the least aggressive treble, this was quite a surprise.
That is worrisome since the reason I picked the Oracle was on the basis of the frequency response that looked like it would deliver a smoother treble. I will have to wait and experience it myself when my set arrives.

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #2,568 of 4,773
Yeah. :/ In general, it seems that you get MORE TREBLE the more expensive an IEM is, within the same company. I need smooth treble, and physical bass, also with high resolution, texture & air/space within. No idea what that might be; maybe U12T? Legacy X? Euclid?
U12t was pretty hot in the treble for me around 6-8k and Legacy X is pretty hot in the treble around 12k. Smoothest treble I've heard across all IEMs is the B2 Dusk but it's definitely nowhere close in resolution to the U12t or LX.

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #2,569 of 4,773
The U12t bass it’s not physical, it’s BA bass, fast and precise.

The tonality of the U12t is one of the most difficult to hate, but I like more the tonality of the Mest or the Clair, more dynamic and with more life. The U12t has a lot less treble than the Mest, and a lot less high mids than the Clair / Oracle. It is much more soft and warm.

But in everything else (technicalities) the U12t is hard to beat.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #2,570 of 4,773
The 64 Audio Nio might be perfect for you. Lots of bass, with more laidback upper mids and treble, an L-shaped tuning like the FH3.

Jun 1, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #2,571 of 4,773
The Oracle seems to be another pair of power hungry and cable dependent IEMs. So far I have tested it with:
  • E1DA 9038S
    • KBear Rhyme 2.5mm cable - closest to your impressions, very detailed but also kind of fatiguing and "digital" sounding, a bit light on bass as well. Not sure the 9038S is a good match.
    • **** Import 4 Core 7N Single Crystal Copper Cable - do not know what to think of this cable, neither Believe nor Oracle sounds good with it. Hard to pinpoint, but the sound seems to be less "focused" with this cable
  • Fiio A5 + Schiit Modi 2U + stock 3.5mm cable - smoother, more bass, but still not superb, roughly on par with the Believe for the 3x the price.
  • Nuforce HA200 (desktop class A amp) + Schiit Modi 2U + stock 3.5mm cable - wow. That´s what Crinacle and Bad Guy hyped. Can listen to it for hours, no fatigue and clearly a step up from cheaper IEMs. Smoother mids, extensions on both ends, great imaging.
I ordered the Oracle with 2.5mm cable on Linsoul and they accidentaly send it with 3.5mm, but they responded by swiftly sending a replacement cable. Thumbs up! I do hope that the stock cable will help the performance on the 9038, but soundwise I am perfectly happy with using desktop amp, I would be too woried to use the Oracle on the go anyway. The only downside is that the Nuforce takes 4 hours (not kidding) to warm up and stop humming + consumes 25W even in standby.

Jun 1, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #2,573 of 4,773
The Oracle seems to be another pair of power hungry and cable dependent IEMs. So far I have tested it with:
  • E1DA 9038S
    • KBear Rhyme 2.5mm cable - closest to your impressions, very detailed but also kind of fatiguing and "digital" sounding, a bit light on bass as well. Not sure the 9038S is a good match.
    • **** Import 4 Core 7N Single Crystal Copper Cable - do not know what to think of this cable, neither Believe nor Oracle sounds good with it. Hard to pinpoint, but the sound seems to be less "focused" with this cable
  • Fiio A5 + Schiit Modi 2U + stock 3.5mm cable - smoother, more bass, but still not superb, roughly on par with the Believe for the 3x the price.
  • Nuforce HA200 (desktop class A amp) + Schiit Modi 2U + stock 3.5mm cable - wow. That´s what Crinacle and Bad Guy hyped. Can listen to it for hours, no fatigue and clearly a step up from cheaper IEMs. Smoother mids, extensions on both ends, great imaging.
I ordered the Oracle with 2.5mm cable on Linsoul and they accidentaly send it with 3.5mm, but they responded by swiftly sending a replacement cable. Thumbs up! I do hope that the stock cable will help the performance on the 9038, but soundwise I am perfectly happy with using desktop amp, I would be too woried to use the Oracle on the go anyway. The only downside is that the Nuforce takes 4 hours (not kidding) to warm up and stop humming + consumes 25W even in standby.

assuming similarities to the Clair, definitely agree that it is very power hungry and cable dependent, which is pretty cool

I combined the GD849 with the Penon Leo Plus cables, and through the 9038s it has fantastic clarity and organic timbre, while toning down the upper midrange glare ever so slightly

also 4 hours?? thats crazy lol I’d just leave that plugged in, or automatically sync it to warm up based on my outlook-calendar scheduled music sessions

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #2,575 of 4,773
Nuforce HA200 (desktop class A amp) + Schiit Modi 2U + stock 3.5mm cable - wow. That´s what Crinacle and Bad Guy hyped. Can listen to it for hours, no fatigue and clearly a step up from cheaper IEMs. Smoother mids, extensions on both ends, great imaging.
Hm. But doesn't BGGAR test with that RME ADI amp/DAC? Is that class A? I would think he would have mentioned such a drastic difference / amp dependence, but maybe he didn't test with anything else.

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #2,576 of 4,773
  • E1DA 9038S
Why worried to use Oracle on the go? I have Monarch, which has the similar size, but I am using it in my daily run (1.5 to 2.5 hours) with DX160 (with converter to 4.4mm balanced output). It never gives me any trouble during my running. Of course I am running pretty slow, ranging from 9:30 to 7:30 min in pace.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #2,577 of 4,773
Why worried to use Oracle on the go? I have Monarch, which has the similar size, but I am using it in my daily run (1.5 to 2.5 hours) with DX160 (with converter to 4.4mm balanced output). It never gives me any trouble during my running. Of course I am running pretty slow, ranging from 9:30 to 7:30 min in pace.
So slow!?! 😉
I considered myself a hero for doing 8:16 on treadmill but I’m 49 y/o

Jun 2, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,578 of 4,773
This is by far my most expensive IEM and damage / theft / loss is much more probable on the go, no other reason. I have plenty to choose from, but Shanling MTW100 (BA version) is my favourite out of home.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #2,580 of 4,773
Just received the Clairvoyance from Headphones.com. Comes with a hard plastic pelican-like case now instead of the leather one. Enjoying the sound signature which goes well with my music library. Just trying out the different tips.....
20210602_171106.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back