Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Aug 15, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #121 of 1,487
Man this thread is being plagued by useless posts like, which to use at home and office and toilet and talk about itching with tips.

Talk about the current models and stop the yakitty yah yak.

Why talk about the current models ?
This is the thread dedicated to the new models and since few have tried them we can’t really talk much specific yet

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #122 of 1,487
Man this thread is being plagued by useless posts like, which to use at home and office and toilet and talk about itching with tips.

Don't hang out here then! There're nothing else available other than coverage of the press conference and a handful of early impressions. If it's too difficult for you to read through 9 pages, Go away and come back when the units actually ships out for detailed reviews.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #123 of 1,487
Some people in the past have said that the Z5 is a bit bass heavy. I don't feel that way but since I listen only at mid volume level, a bit more bass is actually welcome. One thing they did not say is if they're using high gain and at what volume level although we do have one report that it needs to be driven at high gain at 90. These are all early impressions so we have to wait for more detailed reviews.
@nanaholic reported that they drive fine on low gain from his Wm1Z, he told me via Pm. To give an idea, currently I drive my XBA-Z5 on low gain volume 50-60/120. But maybe these IER-Z1R may need a bit more volume as they have two DD also it depends on sensitivity of the phone

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #124 of 1,487
Unboxing of the M7 and M9, tho in Viatnemese(?) sadly subtitle doesn't seem to accommodate it. so no live translation as well.

That's a much better unboxing experience than the XBA series for sure...

Also, there seems to be a dedicated cable loop/ IEM slot in the case there..? Improvement of the same design choice from the EX1000?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #125 of 1,487

I read that post in the toilet. Just sayin'

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #126 of 1,487
Unboxing of the M7 and M9, tho in Viatnemese(?) sadly subtitle doesn't seem to accommodate it. so no live translation as well.

that's a better unboxing experience than the XBA series for sure...

Now we need unbox video of the ier-z1r :D

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #127 of 1,487
One thing I like from Sony's headphones and IEM choices - - of course there are exceptions - - is that their headphones / IEM never seem. To shrill and be ear piercing, correct me if I'm wrong

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #129 of 1,487
One thing I like from Sony's headphones and IEM choices - - of course there are exceptions - - is that their headphones / IEM never seem. To shrill and be ear piercing, correct me if I'm wrong

EX1000 and XBA-300AP can be sharp at times. But generally Sony has gone with a warmer darker tonality with recent IEMs so you're correct for the most part in terms of IEMs

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #133 of 1,487
How much are these sold?
tenor.gif

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #135 of 1,487
I really hope that these are more comfortable than the z5. I love the z5 sound after I got a cable made for it, but it's a bit uncomfortable for me so I may sell it and get a ciem. I'm really torn right now. The cable and triple comforts tips makes my z5 sound incredible, but it's just not comfortable enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back