Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Jul 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #181 of 785
When you say burning, are you playing music through it or just have it powered on?

CD player playing music into it on repeat, powering LCD2's. so yes music is playing.

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #183 of 785
Sodaboy, I got the NFB-1amp and have not figured out how the display off works. Is it supposed to automatically go off upon power up if no buttons are touched? If so, mine doesn't do that.
Outside of that it is functioning flawlessly and sounds wonderful both as a headphone amp with balanced Hifiman HE 400is and as a preamp. For now I am using my Pono player in balanced mode as a source but I am waiting for my Geek Wave xd128 to use as a source eventually ( when LH Labs finally delivers them).

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #184 of 785
Sodaboy, I got the NFB-1amp and have not figured out how the display off works. Is it supposed to automatically go off upon power up if no buttons are touched? If so, mine doesn't do that.
Outside of that it is functioning flawlessly and sounds wonderful both as a headphone amp with balanced Hifiman HE 400is and as a preamp. For now I am using my Pono player in balanced mode as a source but I am waiting for my Geek Wave xd128 to use as a source eventually ( when LH Labs finally delivers them).

Did you choose to have the display off function when you placed your order? It's custom option. Doesn't come as standard.

Jul 4, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #185 of 785
Bloomphoto, I requested the 7 sec display off option when I placed the order as a custom option (as LancerFIN has said). It was a free option, but I don't know if it can be set by user outside of factory.

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #186 of 785
Ah, so that's it! Thank you SodaBoy and LancerFIN. No, I did not realize that was a custom option so didn't order it. Would be nice to have. I know there are a number of jumper settings that can be changed but don't know if that would be one or it is a firmwear thing. 
I'll ping AG and ask. If it is too late, no big deal.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #192 of 785
I am currently trying to decide between the SA-31SE and the C2 (11th Anniversary) amps.
The 31SE is slightly cheaper for me but the newer C2 with the volume control knob is very tempting.

Does anyone who has heard both amps have anything that could illuminate my decision?

The plan is to use the amp to drive a pair of Ether's, which I will have to save up for.
I was so close to pulling the trigger on the much cheaper HE-6's but I am a little too worried about build quality issues.

Cheers.

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #193 of 785
  I am currently trying to decide between the SA-31SE and the C2 (11th Anniversary) amps.
The 31SE is slightly cheaper for me but the newer C2 with the volume control knob is very tempting.

Does anyone who has heard both amps have anything that could illuminate my decision?

The plan is to use the amp to drive a pair of Ether's, which I will have to save up for.
I was so close to pulling the trigger on the much cheaper HE-6's but I am a little too worried about build quality issues.

Cheers.

I would suggest getting the SA-31SE. Its sound is more dynamic and shall suit the Ether better. C2 + Ether might sound a bit too flat for some people. C2 is half a Master 9. In the Master 9 thread, some people find it a bit flat sounding.

The SA-31SE has been discontinued and Kingwa is not likely to make any more SA amp. I would say get the SA-31SE while still you can. The C2 is always available. So worst case you can sell the SA-31 later and get the C2.

Back then when the SA-31SE was still in production, it was selling for USD40 more than the C2's current price.

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #195 of 785

I would suggest getting the SA-31SE. Its sound is more dynamic and shall suit the Ether better. C2 + Ether might sound a bit too flat for some people. C2 is half a Master 9. In the Master 9 thread, some people find it a bit flat sounding.

The SA-31SE has been discontinued and Kingwa is not likely to make any more SA amp. I would say get the SA-31SE while still you can. The C2 is always available. So worst case you can sell the SA-31 later and get the C2.

Back then when the SA-31SE was still in production, it was selling for USD40 more than the C2's current price.

Thank you @borrego for your advice.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back