A list:

1) Radio_Head
2) Draygonn
3) Hennyo
4) SLaRe
5) LFG530
6) TIMITS
7) Ogdoaden

The less wood diversity we choose the less complicated it will be for smeggy, but if we don't agree on one we could pick two choices or even three but not more (and they can't be really exotic and hard to find from what I understand), let's try sticking to two. I think ebony would be a good option since it's really neutral... (I personnaly think redheart is simply gorgeous looking: http://home.comcast.net/~garybutcher/Thunderpants_TP1/Gallery.html#15 ) 

And yes it would be nice if smeggy could tell us wich woods would be available.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 879
Yeah I think I'm in as long as I agree with the choices or disagree by less than $100. The black Audeze pads would go well with ebony, but I also like all reddish woods. Woodwise, I'd care more about the way the wood goes with the pads. I don't want something too contrasting.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 879
While ebony is nice, it's extremely difficult to get in headphone sizes and gets extraordinarily expensive as the size goes up. It's also prone to cracks which is why I only use small pieces. Redheart is more plentiful but nearly all the pieces I've bought have been damp inside and it takes a while to dry. I have a block drying now for a set I'm making.

The woods will need to be something I can get in sufficient quantity, dry and not excessively expensive. Many of the exotics are only available in small quantities and not all samples are acceptable for phones so it can be difficult finding the right woods. I can get a good amounts of various rosewoods. Cocobolo, east Indian, Brazilian etc. as these are sold in boards and blocks of good size.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 879
Purple is too controversial for a mass buy. Any of the rosewoods would be good candidates. Birch and African blackwood also might work.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #25 of 879
Ugh, why do I keep coming back to this forum 
rolleyes.gif

I'm in as long as I keep some money in the bank lol (and what wood is chosen.)

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #27 of 879
Sep 22, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #28 of 879
I can't afford this even at this price (despite really wanting a pair) so my opinion is really useless here... but why does everything have to be black/dark wood? I mean we have the black HE-4/6/500/300, the blackish D7000, the dark LCD2, the dark HE-5, the black T50RP, the dark RS1/2, etc. (there's a LOT more I could list)

Honestly, this is one of, if not the best looking pairs on his site in my opinion.
shapeimage_3.png

Why not have more light colors out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back