Tidal Lossless Streaming
Jan 6, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #3,061 of 5,209
So do you think they will come out with masters via iOS app? I don't have a lap top and only stream hiding via the app? Also, will you be able to get this quality straight out vs via dac so I could just use. Pair of el8s? But I assume I won't get it from my chord tt into my gs mk2? Thanks

What I am also wondering is can we do off-line downloads of masters for our music as we do with hi-fi download off-line

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #3,062 of 5,209
You can't download for offline listening on the desktop app. Since the 'masters' are only currently available on the desktop app I presume the answer to the above is currently no. However, there had previously been plans to make offline listening available on the desktop - I don't know if this is still the case. And I don't know if offline will be available when the masters become available on mobile apps?

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #3,066 of 5,209
dear god this Tidal Masters sounds SPECTACULAR.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #3,069 of 5,209
Meridian Explorer2 DAC decodes MQA nicely. 

Listening through Windows Tidal as well as Roon.

Enjoying the enhanced SQ (better formed bass, clear highs, improved soundstage).

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #3,070 of 5,209
  How are you guys telling which album is MQA, other than going through the Master tab in What's New? I saw from an earlier post there are more than what's shown in that tab. Is there a way to see what format is an album in? 

On my Meridian Explorer2 the LEDs show Blue/White/White.  In Roon, you can see the stream data:

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,071 of 5,209
I've connected my Mojo to my laptop.  Playing Masters and this is confirmed at the bottom right of the Tidal screen.  However, in Settings I have the screen below and the Mojo shows red light indicating a 44 KHz stream. I don't have the option of Exclusive Mode to bypass Windows settings.  I'm aware that the Mojo won't decode the MQA stream so I will have to allow my laptop to do this but I believe I should be able to get a higher resolution stream.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received?

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #3,074 of 5,209
  I've connected my Mojo to my laptop.  Playing Masters and this is confirmed at the bottom right of the Tidal screen.  However, in Settings I have the screen below and the Mojo shows red light indicating a 44 KHz stream. I don't have the option of Exclusive Mode to bypass Windows settings.  I'm aware that the Mojo won't decode the MQA stream so I will have to allow my laptop to do this but I believe I should be able to get a higher resolution stream.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received?

Do you have the mojo driver installed?  I don't see the mojo listed there.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3,075 of 5,209
  Do you have the mojo driver installed?  I don't see the mojo listed there.

Yep, the Mojo driver's installed and it's playing - it's just not coming up in the list in Tidal Settings.  I don't generally use my Mojo with my laptop - I have it connected to my main Hi Fi which receives a digital Tidal stream from a Sonos Connect - but this doesn't handle higher than CD resolution streams.

Thanks very much for help though - I did have to double check this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back