Torque t103z: 6 Sonic Flavours Review & Appreciation
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 22
Nice write up on a new "valve" iem.....in the foot steps of VB etc.....the customizable sound, end of the day.

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 22
Nice write up on a new "valve" iem.....in the foot steps of VB etc.....the customizable sound, end of the day.

Considerable time has passed since I wrote the review.  In that time I've come to the conclusion that (with the the blue or green valves) the t103z bests the Vsonic gr07.  In the last few weeks my girlfriend has stolen these from my desk and she says they're much better than the RE-400s I gave her.  It might be a problem getting them back.
blink.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #18 of 22
As posted on Torque's Facebook: Black Friday Weekend Event! If you've been waiting for a deal on the t103z, now's your chance. Friday til Cyber Monday, you are invited to purchase at 50% off retail! Use coupon code: happyturkey

This should be available on their site.

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #19 of 22

I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and picked up a pair of t103z's.  Very well built, quality packaging and excellent customer service.  With the black valves they were close to my Vsonic GR07s.  Received the blue and green valves yesterday and put in an extended listening session with both using my RSA P51 and IPOD Classic 160.  For now, I've settled on the green (balance) valves.  Great detail, separation and tonal texture and definitely an upgrade from the GR07s.  Also nice that Torque included a package of 4 tips with each of the new valves I purchased. 

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #20 of 22

I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and picked up a pair of t103z's.  Very well built, quality packaging and excellent customer service.  With the black valves they were close to my Vsonic GR07s.  Received the blue and green valves yesterday and put in an extended listening session with both using my RSA P51 and IPOD Classic 160.  For now, I've settled on the green (balance) valves.  Great detail, separation and tonal texture and definitely an upgrade from the GR07s.  Also nice that Torque included a package of 4 tips with each of the new valves I purchased. 

Yeah, I liked the green valve but wound up preffering the blue for the additional warmth added to voices.  I'd rank them higher than the GR07 (ignore the yellow valve completely).

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #21 of 22

These are really good earphones.  They execute the alternate valve concept extremely well (the differences between the valves are not subtle).  I am surprised they don't get more attention.  Could be the price point, although I think they are very competitive at the $200 level.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #22 of 22
Those interested in the t103z for $70 should shuffle over to their new Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/torque-audio/torque-the-worlds-most-customizable-earbuds-and-he

Users who are viewing this thread

Back