Totally obsessed with getting the JVC DX1000...which amp well under $1000?
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AzraelDarkangel

500+ Head-Fier
I'm loving everything I've read about the JVC DX1000 but if I buy it I can't spend too much for an amp. Most people seem to use them with Woo Audio 2/6se etc and other expensive amps. However I can't spend that much anytime soon. I'm looking for a cheaper amp that would work well with my Grados too and other headphones I might buy later but it should work really well with the DX1000. I think I read a post where someone loved his with his Audio GD C-2.1 (now replaced by C-2.2). Any other inexpensive amps work well? Anyone try it with a Bellari HA540? I tend to prefer tubes but solid state is fine too. I get the impression that with these headphones more power is better, anyone tried any of the Schiit Audio amps?

Thanks,

Joshua

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 5

You may wish to consider this :-

Audio GD NFB 5

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you, I was checking out the other Audio GD amps, they seem like a good value and very robust (powerwise).

Also looks like Ray Samuels XP-7 is used by someone too, pushing by budget with that one though. All good amps (Ray Samuels Audio) from everything I've heard though.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thank you, I was checking out the other Audio GD amps, they seem like a good value and very robust (powerwise).

Also looks like Ray Samuels XP-7 is used by someone too, pushing by budget with that one though. All good amps (Ray Samuels Audio) from everything I've heard though.

You could always opt for the Dark Star - you could say it's powerful with a potential for 9 Watts 
biggrin.gif

Just a lazy $3,000USD or so - bargain, take two!

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 5
you should also wait for the new (unreleased yet) meier audio amp.

mapletree audio amps are great, too. and they have a great synergy with grados

Users who are viewing this thread

Back