Travel light, yet with great bass?
Dec 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eobet

100+ Head-Fier
I'm used to Ultimate Ears Triple.fi from way back when, but they always fell out, regardless of tips. I'm prepared to accept molded recommendations, but unsure if I'm willing to invest in that right now.

Otherwise, I also have both Ultrasone Pro 900 and Fostex TH-X00 Ebony for the bass, but they're about triple the size of what I'd ideally want to use for travel, even though the Pro 900 can actually be folded (I think their pads would get really warm as well).

Also, I really don't want to go bluetooth, because I don't care for the quality nor the batteries. 3.5mm plug is still king, imo. The same for noise cancellation. If it requires batteries, then it might as well not exist in my book.

Anyone got any recommendations that they think might fit me?

(I'm actually unsure regarding where I'd go to get my ear holes cast in Sweden... plus, my left ear is a bit waxy, and cleaning might be an issue when traveling, so...)

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm used to Ultimate Ears Triple.fi from way back when, but they always fell out, regardless of tips. I'm prepared to accept molded recommendations, but unsure if I'm willing to invest in that right now.

Otherwise, I also have both Ultrasone Pro 900 and Fostex TH-X00 Ebony for the bass, but they're about triple the size of what I'd ideally want to use for travel, even though the Pro 900 can actually be folded (I think their pads would get really warm as well).

Also, I really don't want to go bluetooth, because I don't care for the quality nor the batteries. 3.5mm plug is still king, imo. The same for noise cancellation. If it requires batteries, then it might as well not exist in my book.

Anyone got any recommendations that they think might fit me?

(I'm actually unsure regarding where I'd go to get my ear holes cast in Sweden... plus, my left ear is a bit waxy, and cleaning might be an issue when traveling, so...)

If open is no problem, then Koss Porta Pro with Yaxi pads... really good bass with warm and smooth sound signature. They are like portable TH-X00 with a little less bass impact yet about same extension, more intimate and forward mids, and less highs.

https://theheadphonelist.com/yaxi-ear-pads-for-koss-porta-pro-review/

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Huh. I have a pair of those for my VR setup... but I wouldn't have thought to take them travelling with me. :) I guess they do fill the criteria I set forward (never tried out that bass, though, I must admit), but as you say, yes I think those are too open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back