TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 2, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #18,047 of 24,683
Not to mention quality and format. My songs tend to be a mix of 320kbps .mp3 and lossless ALAC (.m4a). But my problem is that I'm also quite lazy about loading up music onto my DAP lol; I downloaded 5 new tracks recently from various artists and I haven't put them onto my iPod yet so they have yet to go into my portable music rotation.

But that's the fun part. Organizing and making the artwork and tags perfect and loading it all! For me it's fun. (no joking) :ksc75smile:

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #18,048 of 24,683
I know 3 tracks may not sound like a lot, but the idea here is that all the songs will get some ear time for a thorough description of sonic qualities. With 6 members that would be 18 songs to listen to, with 8 members that climbs to 24.

I think with 3 selections each we can get a very rounded collaboration, especially as diverse as our music tastes are.

But how about this, everyone that wants to participate send me a PM and I'll count how many members we have. In a few days when everyone had a chance to visit the thread I'll post the number of parties and we can decide on how many tracks per person would be a reasonable number :)

Edit:

Does anyone not have the ability to access dropbox? We could most certainly do a spotify or soundcloud playlist as well. Everyone tell me your preference and I'll worry about putting it together

I'd be in myself as I have DVII, Vyrus 1 and Master but I'll participate if there's not enough diversity in the music. I suspect several of us may have the same tastes and too much of one things colors the test. So I can find some things that maybe no else physically has only if we need more choices? Not sure if that helps or not??

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #18,050 of 24,683
Lol, you guys wouldn't like how I do my organization; not the best....or well-done :p

Once you get the file format-whatever you prefer, use MP3Tag to make it perfect. This app is free and super easy and fast to use. Can't live without it. My order is here in the U.S. out for delivery.

30/05/17 10:53 ARRIVED IN COUNTRYKENNEDY NEW YORK KENNEDY NEW YORK. I'm in CA, Orange County.

Hope it comes this week.

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #18,051 of 24,683
I like the Dropbox idea myself as I don't Spotify. But if others don't have the physical music, then Dropbox isn't really an option for them.

I don't mind purchasing the flac files as long as everyone is on board, but I'll put together a spotify and soundcloud playlist regardless for ease of access

Not to mention quality and format. My songs tend to be a mix of 320kbps .mp3 and lossless ALAC (.m4a). But my problem is that I'm also quite lazy about loading up music onto my DAP lol; I downloaded 5 new tracks recently from various artists and I haven't put them onto my iPod yet so they have yet to go into my portable music rotation.

I will purchase all the flac files from the same source so quality is unifrom, I'm sure you'll be able to find a few minutes to drop a playlist into your itunes ; ) or you could listen on spotify or soundcloud

I'd be in myself as I have DVII, Vyrus 1 and Master but I'll participate if there's not enough diversity in the music. I suspect several of us may have the same tastes and too much of one things colors the test. So I can find some things that maybe no else physically has only if we need more choices? Not sure if that helps or not??

Sure does, you should participate regardless if you're interested.

Everyone that has the time and interest send me a pm and I'll add you to the list, so far we have 2 participants

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #18,052 of 24,683
I don't mind purchasing the flac files as long as everyone is on board, but I'll put together a spotify and soundcloud playlist regardless for ease of access

I will purchase all the flac files from the same source so quality is unifrom, I'm sure you'll be able to find a few minutes to drop a playlist into your itunes ; ) or you could listen on spotify or soundcloud

Everyone that has the time and interest send me a pm and I'll add you to the list, so far we have 2 participants
I appreciate the effort you're putting into this, but my personal pick here would be to do Spotify (I'll make an account if I absolutely must) or SoundCloud. I can't agree with letting you purchase the files just for something as relatively insignificant as a small group test. If we're doing Spotify or SoundCloud, count me in.

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #18,053 of 24,683
I know 3 tracks may not sound like a lot, but the idea here is that all the songs will get some ear time for a thorough description of sonic qualities. With 6 members that would be 18 songs to listen to, with 8 members that climbs to 24.

I think with 3 selections each we can get a very rounded collaboration, especially as diverse as our music tastes are.

But how about this, everyone that wants to participate send me a PM and I'll count how many members we have. In a few days when everyone had a chance to visit the thread I'll post the number of parties and we can decide on how many tracks per person would be a reasonable number :)

Edit:

Does anyone not have the ability to access dropbox? We could most certainly do a spotify or soundcloud playlist as well. Everyone tell me your preference and I'll worry about putting it together

Sounds awesome! Dropbox idea is great for me, contributing some post-rock/ambient tracks

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #18,054 of 24,683

Just a thought, can't we send you our FLAC/mp3 files as well for your dropbox to help you instead of you needing to purchase them?

Jun 2, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #18,055 of 24,683
Just a thought, can't we send you our FLAC/mp3 files as well for your dropbox to help you instead of you needing to purchase them?

Careful cuz that's "sharing music" and u don't want to get in trouble.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #18,058 of 24,683
Careful cuz that's "sharing music" and u don't want to get in trouble.
This is the first thing I thought of when the idea of the Dropbox was first suggested... I'm not a Spotify user myself, and I think it would be a pity testing the earphones with lossy files.
Great idea and community input, though!

Received my Balanced cable adapter from Venture Electronics, 3.5 female to 2.5 male. It works well and was only $15. Thank you @AverageDude for the great suggestion. About 3 weeks from time of order to USA.
My pleasure!

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #18,059 of 24,683
Well let's just say declaring sharing publicly may not be smart. Safety first.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #18,060 of 24,683
Sounds awesome! Dropbox idea is great for me, contributing some post-rock/ambient tracks
I intend to put in something with an electronic feel, probably something kinda poppy, and Flynn Lives by Daft Punk from the Tron Legacy soundtrack. That was just a very enjoyable piece of music for me with some subtle detail.

EDIT: Also, I don't really have time to do actual tests or anything right now, but I will say that I've received my Hunters! They came with a pack of medium Kombis and the triangular case. I haven't even plugged a cable into them yet. But I did put the shells into my ears for a few seconds. While it remains to be seen how well they fit with the cable, I find the shells to be both lightweight and comfortable without a cable. I do (however, without testing) think that the filters should've been a little longer for an ideal insertion depth for my preferences. May end up going with Spinfits. But I'll give the medium Kombis a go before making any sort of final decision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back