TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 22, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,283 of 24,683

ve monk+
tongue.gif

Hah thats basically cheating though, 7 monks combined is still not even beyond the budget price range.

I was thinking along the lines of 7 distinct Noble Prestige builds but actually more pertinent, give it a few years and maybe we'll have 7 unique varieties of Hunter. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #5,284 of 24,683

Hah thats basically cheating though, 7 monks combined is still not even beyond the budget price range.

I was thinking along the lines of 7 distinct Noble Prestige builds but actually more pertinent, give it a few years and maybe we'll have 7 unique varieties of Hunter. 

If I understand correctly, that should be exactly what happens. I think Bob said he was planning to have a unique color per year. Since this year's is heat-treated titanium, I'm assuming gunmetal might be available every year which means in a few years, we'll have one color for every weekday
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #5,285 of 24,683
  If I understand correctly, that should be exactly what happens. I think Bob said he was planning to have a unique color per year. Since this year's is heat-treated titanium, I'm assuming gunmetal might be available every year which means in a few years, we'll have one color for every weekday
tongue.gif

The thing that will sink our plans is 6 years (+ gunmetal) is a heck of a long time for any single product to be in production with only cosmetic changes. Then theres the matter of who's behind this company, no way Bob could let any model last that long without improving or adding to it in some way, he can't even get many of them out the door without doing that 
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #5,286 of 24,683

The thing that will sink our plans is 6 years (+ gunmetal) is a heck of a long time for any single product to be in production with only cosmetic changes. Then theres the matter of who's behind this company, no way Bob could let any model last that long without improving or adding to it in some way, he can't even get many of them out the door without doing that 
biggrin.gif

Colors could be a way to to differentiate the newly tweaked versions? Considering how often Bob has a newly significant alteration, that seems like a reasonable time frame to send out tweaked models. There, problem solved haha
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #5,287 of 24,683
  Perhaps they're just a tiny bit self-conscious of having a different color of the same IEM for nearly every day of the week so they don't post about it?
rolleyes.gif

So do we just put you down for at least 10 sets? 2 different models in 5 colors each so you've got a color for each weekday? More than 10 sets if you decide to buy more than 2 models.
wink.gif

****...  You're honing in on  my plan...  You better not beat me to it
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #5,290 of 24,683
  Man, my wallet loves the M6 but my eyes loves the Hunter. IDK what I want to do

I say buy the M6 at the "sale" price before it heads off to KS.  

As it is, the Hunter isn't on "sale" per se.   If Bob is gracious enough to keep the forum member discount, you haven't really "lost" anything except for time (waiting for the Hunter to arrive should you choose to order it) and you end up paying the same price either way (bar any sale on it in the future)

In the meantime, you'd have gotten the M6 at a stellar price!

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #5,292 of 24,683
  I say buy the M6 at the "sale" price before it heads off to KS.  

As it is, the Hunter isn't on "sale" per se.   If Bob is gracious enough to keep the forum member discount, you haven't really "lost" anything except for time (waiting for the Hunter to arrive should you choose to order it) and you end up paying the same price either way (bar any sale on it in the future)

In the meantime, you'd have gotten the M6 at a stellar price!

With the discount the Hunter is $115 USD off. No discount on the PM6. The 6 drivers does sound great though. The sale is good until Sept 1st 

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #5,294 of 24,683
£200 instead of £350 seems like a pretty discount to me :wink:

I already own two 2 BA Hybrids, and have heard a 4 BA hybrid which makes the 6 driver even more tempting.

The PM6 is 4 BA and 2 DD correct?

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #5,295 of 24,683
I already own two 2 BA Hybrids, and have heard a 4 BA hybrid which makes the 6 driver even more tempting.

The PM6 is 4 BA and 2 DD correct?

SPECIFICATION
  1. All aluminium CNC machined shells
  2. Worlds first push/pull hybrid
  3. 2 x 7mm Titanium diaphragm drivers + 2 dual balanced armatures ( 6 drivers per earpiece)

That's the PM6 specs above from the website, I'm trying to figure that out, maybe it's a typo?

But to address the price differences,  the sale price of the PM6 nets you a USD discount of $195.85, while the forum discount on the Hunter nets you a USD dicount of $130.56, so it makes more "sense" to purchase the PM6 right now (IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back