TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 23, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #15,421 of 24,683
I'm thoroughly disappointed in Trinity audio, 2 weeks ago I requested a refund/cancellation from Jake as my order hasn't been shipped and I had no earphones as of then. He told me it will ship out next week are you sure you want to cancel? At first I said yes, then I replied again saying if you're 100% sure that it'll ship next week do not cancel my order, he replied and said 'I'm 100% sure'. Next week came and nothing, I emailed him on Thursday, where is my tracking number if it's going to ship this week? No reply. He told me a lie to not get me to cancel then proceeded not to respond to my e-mail. Unprofessional to say the least and manipulative. If you're going to make a claim that it's going to 100% ship next week and it doesn't, why even say '100%' when you know it's probably 60% and you should cancel my order. And yes he did reply with '100% sure'. And I paid for express shipping so I should receive a tracking number. I ordered the Masters.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #15,425 of 24,683

When did you originally place your order BlueMango? Sad to hear of your experience, when shipping is underway.

It honestly doesn't matter when I originally placed my order if Jake says when my order is going to be shipped, am I wrong? If he knew it wasn't going to ship that week why even say it? And he literally said '100%'. If you're making claims just to satisfy your customers and don't live up to it, it doesn't give me much confidence in this company. Not only that but even a simple reply to the email I sent on Thursday (UK Time, Friday for me) would've been appreciated to inform me of any delays or anything. But not even that was given. I would've accepted stuff like, "Hey, the balanced cables have just arrived which delayed shipping blablabla..." that would've satisfied me. But no response at all to a person you made a promise to is pretty bad to say the least.

And it isn't my first rodeo with this company. I've had a fantastic experience with my Vyrus's but they cable just didn't prolong the life of them, they lasted a few months. Shipping time was fantastic and they shipped on time. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #15,426 of 24,683
It honestly doesn't matter when I originally placed my order if Jake says when my order is going to be shipped, am I wrong? If he knew it wasn't going to ship that week why even say it? And he literally said '100%'. If you're making claims just to satisfy your customers and don't live up to it, it doesn't give me much confidence in this company. Not only that but even a simple reply to the email I sent on Thursday (UK Time, Friday for me) would've been appreciated to inform me of any delays or anything. But not even that was given. I would've accepted stuff like, "Hey, the balanced cables have just arrived which delayed shipping blablabla..." that would've satisfied me. But no response at all to a person you made a promise to is pretty bad to say the least.

And it isn't my first rodeo with this company. I've had a fantastic experience with my Vyrus's but they cable just didn't prolong the life of them, they lasted a few months. Shipping time was fantastic and they shipped on time. 

I think Jake is pretty backed up with emails. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned this after contacting Trinity. I'd wait a while longer for some kind of response if I were you.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #15,427 of 24,683
It seems Apple don't have any dropout issues, but maybe they do, although I'm sure the media would have jumped on it. Has anyone here got the Apple wireless buds. Heard that the sound is what lets them down.

I've had the Apple AirPods since late December when they first came out. I use them almost daily for music, podcasts and audiobooks. I go on daily walks of an hour and a half or so. I don't recall having any drop outs. If I leave my phone on a table and stray 20' away, no problems.

As far as sound quality, I'm no expert, but I find the AirPods decent. My main problem is isolation of noise on my walks since the AirPods don't seal. That's where I'm hoping the Phsntom Air will excell. The reports of drop outs is a bit disconcerting. I hope it's not A big issue.

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #15,428 of 24,683
I completely agree with you. And forgot I also use the AirPods, but really only inside as I don't care if I get paint on them, but no dropouts. This may sound totally off the wall, but it is what I think. It seems to me that there is the possibility that BT signals just don't like some people and refuse to cooperate. Meaning that BT may have a conscience. Or perhaps I am just out there!

I too will be purchasing the M-2 just from my good experiences of the M-1.

It's just you unless your wifi connections also drop out.  Both work in the 2.4Ghz range but most wifi in this era(exampe: 802.11AC) work in 5Ghz.

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #15,433 of 24,683
So $10K is now a throwaway money? Good to know.

Throwaway money to me is money I could actually throwaway and be okay with it, like a spare 50 cents in my pocket so I put it in a tip jar or whatever. If 10k is his bloody throwaway money can he send me like $1k. I mean I'm always okay to give away my throwaway money since to me it's less than $1, hope he's the same way :p.

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #15,434 of 24,683
hmmm ... i hope its not cause of the pressure of the mass that resulted in the air being incomplete ... i mean based on the FAQ that was provided in kickstarter, they mentioned that : 

"By placing one antenna inside the Phantom Air and another externally (which is hidden) we increase the quality of transmission and reception and reduce drop outs by (over other brands) by 80%"

however it seems most people are getting more drops out for the air. 

Hope we can get some clarification soon other than the body being made up of water and we cant do anything about it. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #15,435 of 24,683
I sent an email the week before Easter holiday asking Trinity for refund if my AD and Masters have not been shipped. A second email last week as I've gotten no reply. On Friday I received an email saying my Master will ship last week and my AD will ship this week. My request for refund was entirely ignored, for those who kept saying "Just cancel if you can't wait". 

Since by the look of things, the IEMs are finally shipping, sending another email is pointless now. At this point I am going to wait it out for the IEM. 

By the way, from Jake's reply, apparently the emails I've received in end of March for the so called "Shipping update" that tagged my orders with "Royal Mail: None" has nothing to do with shipping, contrary to what I expected from my previous Vyrus order where first email meant fulfillment and second email meant shipping. If the second email has nothing to do with shipping, what was the reason of sending them? To give the wrong impression that they have been shipped so I would not cancel the order? I know someone who ordered with express tracking, and he has only ever received one email regarding his order (the fulfillment email). If there's a good explanation regarding this, I will gladly stand corrected.

As an individual, I sympathize Bob with his last update apologizing to everyone and being open with his family issue, and I understand how they are overwhelmed. But as a customer, this is a company I will not be returning to. There's simply too much frustration and mismanagement. No more beating the dead horse and rants, I am out from this thread, good luck everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back