Tripowin Olina vs Shuoer S12 or something else? Or should I swallow the cost and buy a tribrid?
Apr 7, 2022 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vedemin

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,
I'm kinda stuck. I didn't like my ThieAudio Legacy 3 and want to upgrade to another IEM. What I disliked the most was lack of detail and treble. Without EQ they sounded bloated AF to me, after Qudelix 5K + AutoEQ to Oratory target they sound good but the general technicalities aren't present. Instruments sound flat.

What I'm looking for is general good balance of... well, everything really. I really want to hear the small details while also having good bass and great soundstage. What is extremely important to me is the "texture" of instruments in classical and film music. I want to avoid BA timbre (as it might have been a part of why I dislike my Legacy 3) so Blessing 2 is... not the best choice probably.

I know these sets are technically a little bit of a compromise. I can buy Moondrop Variations, almost new (bought from AliExpress new by the guy, he's the first owner) but with a small crack for 400$ equivalent. I know Variations will have everything I'm looking for paired with parametric EQ from Qudelix. Should I just swallow the cost and use Variations as my daily drivers? (I don't want to have a set for listening at home, I enjoy and really listen to music only outside).

If there is another IEM you could recommend for those purposes (preferably below the cost of Variations lol), what would it be?

Apr 7, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back