Trying to identify stock XCan V8P tube
Jul 30, 2010 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ADD

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I am trying to identify the stock tubes that came with my XCan V8P, as I have decided I am happy with the sound as it is and don't wish to go tube rolling (my one and only attempt with a significantly more expensive tube saw the sound quality go backward significantly). It seems these amps have come with a number of stock tubes over the last few years and my model has a build date of December 2009, so I guess it is one of the last ones.

There is no obvious branding on the tubes at all - they look quite cheap (maybe Eastern European or Chinese??) and bear the tube type "ECC88" in white upper case writing near the top of the glass. Down the bottom of the glass I believe I can make out the following on one of them:

GABR
07C

The writing on the other tube is possibly similar but partly rubbed off. I think the other also states "GABR" but I think the "07C" might be something different on the other tube.

Anyone know who makes this tube and where I might be able to buy them? You might ask me to contact Musical Fidelity, however they have no listed email address and my numerous attempts to contact them via telephone (international) have failed.

Thanks

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 4
This will be really easy if you can post a picture, and really hard otherwise
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back