Tube amp, broken? (la figaro 339)
Jun 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Valashu

New Head-Fier
I bought a La Figaro 339 and when I switched tubes in an attempt to fix a crackle a tube connected to the amp and gave a small spark.
Now I lost sound in the left can while the right one still produces crackle.
Switching the tubes from left to right does not seem to change anything so I think it might be something internal.
I'd rather not send it back to the dealer since the costs are so high.

How should I go about fixing this? 

Tried to get the crackle fixed for a few weeks now and never had time to actually get to it. I really want it to simply work.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 7
I do not think this problem would fit in the 339 thread since it's not 339 specific.

I bought it from [size=small]wsz0304[/size]

[size=x-small]Tried to get in touch with wsz earlier but he's Chinese and it's hard to give and receive info.[/size]

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #5 of 7
Your reason does not follow at all, why post it in the 339 thread when the problem is not 339 specific?
I'm new to Head-Fi but you're acting like a passive agressive ass.

Contacting wsz to see if he can repair it, I had hoped the problem would be easily fixable but I guess it needs to go back to China.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Your reason does not follow at all, why post it in the 339 thread when the problem is not 339 specific?
I'm new to Head-Fi but you're acting like a passive agressive ass.

Contacting wsz to see if he can repair it, I had hoped the problem would be easily fixable but I guess it needs to go back to China.

Well that " Passive agressive ass "was just trying to help you 
mad.gif
...With this attitude good luck in your repair...

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 7
339 is driven by DC capacitance with AC slot. If you unplug the tubes when the machine is working. Your earphones will be damaged. The burning of the tubes will never damage the machine. Please do check the earphones first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back