Tube amp questions
Nov 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ForShure

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, for the past few months I've been interested in diving into the world of tube amps. For Christmas I'm asking for a LittleDot MKII tube amp. I plan on using it with my 50ohm Sennheiser HD595s. From my research I understand that normally tube amps are used with higher impedance headphones however the little dot amp features a gain switch which supposedly allows for it's use with headphones as sensitive as IEMs. Will the gain switch on the MKII allow me to use my lower impedance phones and have them sound good or should I look elsewhere?

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 6
  Hello all, for the past few months I've been interested in diving into the world of tube amps. For Christmas I'm asking for a LittleDot MKII tube amp. I plan on using it with my 50-Ohm Sennheiser HD595s. From my research I understand that normally tube amps are used with higher impedance headphones however the little dot amp features a gain switch which supposedly allows for it's use with headphones as sensitive as IEMs. Will the gain switch on the MKII allow me to use my lower impedance phones and have them sound good or should I look elsewhere?

Little Dot claims the MKII will work with headphones as low as 32-Ohms.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 6
  I have a LD MkIII and I use it with my Grado's (32ohms) everyday, sounds great. The trick is, as you already noted, adjusting the gain.

Awesome, sounds promising. How do you feel about the tube sound vs. solid state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back