Turbine Pro Gold Questions
Jan 20, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #17 of 36
Altho I don't have the Golds, I have the regular turbines (Thank you, Amazon!), the Coppers, and the Miles Davis Tributes. Just got the Coppers in today... and I think you oughtta go in a different direction. I bought an S:Flo2 / Brainwavz M3 bundle from MP4Nation. Didn't think I'd like the headphones, expected to hand 'em down to a family member. Then I listened to 'em.

They're closest in balance to the Copper although perhaps a bit more forward. The Coppers have more 'air' and ultimate extension at the extreme top but the difference isn't huge and the M3s have a better overall treble balance. The Coppers inexplicably sound 'shut-in' and lacking on the high end?

The coppers sound recessed in the mids compared to the M3s IMO. The M3s have presence that's missing with the coppers.  The big thing for me tho'? Speed. To my ear? Excellent transient response. The Turbine Coppers don't keep up. Bass is well articulated, and while the ultimate quantity is slightly less than the coppers the overall balance is much better. Another bonus is that the M3s are more efficient and far easier to drive. The regular Turbines don't even compare on any count. Glad they were only $50!

The final deciding factor? PRICE! $90 vs. ~$3something? Amazon has the M3s in stock now, so don't bother with MP4Nation unless you just like waiting a month or more to get your stuff.

And yes, I know the Monsters I have are all authentic. All came from authorized dealers.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #18 of 36
Na I love bassy and fun IEM's. I'm not a audiophile in any way so the regular turbines or the golds are the best choice for me. I'm kinda a bass head but still enjoy clarity. My last question is of the two The turbines and the pro gold turbines. Which has more bass quantity?

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 36
This goes against everything that has been said about the Golds, but the regular Turbines have more bass to me. Everybody makes the Golds out to be some uncouth bass-monsters, but I think nothing is further from the truth. The regular Turbines have more bass to me, and the golds have tighter, more controlled bass and extended treble as well as great mids. The regular turbines still sound very good to me, but I did need a little more treble, which the golds have. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #21 of 36

Quote:
This goes against everything that has been said about the Golds, but the regular Turbines have more bass to me. Everybody makes the Golds out to be some uncouth bass-monsters, but I think nothing is further from the truth. The regular Turbines have more bass to me, and the golds have tighter, more controlled bass and extended treble as well as great mids. The regular turbines still sound very good to me, but I did need a little more treble, which the golds have. 

I haven't heard of the Turbines, but having heard the Gold, I'd agree that "uncouth bass-monsters" probably isn't the best way to describe them. It does however give the first impression of something like that because of, from what I could tell in my demo, a rather bassy mid-bass.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 36

Quote:
Quote:

I haven't heard of the Turbines, but having heard the Gold, I'd agree that "uncouth bass-monsters" probably isn't the best way to describe them. It does however give the first impression of something like that because of, from what I could tell in my demo, a rather bassy mid-bass.

they don't have bass that you feel, more like powerful enough you can fill in the blanks

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 36

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

they don't have bass that you feel, more like powerful enough you can fill in the blanks

Yeah, definitely agree with that statement.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #30 of 36

Quote:
Yeah I will see what onecall can give me

Just ordered the Golds with Controltalk for $219 shipped from onecall. Looking forward to comparing them to the regular Turbines which sound pretty decent to this bass head - I just wanted more significant bass impact. I was planning on going for the Coppers but wanted to make sure I was getting the most balanced bass heavy iem with controls and a mic and they need to stand up to heavy daily use. I avoided open box because Monster doesn't honor their awesome warranty unless you are the original owner and bought them new from an authorized dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back