Ultimate Ears UE 150/UE 250/UE 350: Impressions and Discussions
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zerogorgor

100+ Head-Fier
UE SuperFi 5 Pro was one of my first higher end earphones, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Ultimate Ears will be launching a new universal line with three models: UE150 (MRSP $199), UE250 (MSRP $299) and UE350 (MSRP $399). According to the website, these will be available in late February.

Here is some information available on UE's product page:

Introducing the UE 150, UE 250, and UE 350 Universal In-Ear Monitors with Perform Fit design feature a comfortable fit that won’t fall out, a tight seal that blocks out stage noise and protects your hearing, and the exceptional sound quality Ultimate Ears Professional is known for. And with three unique sound signatures, UE Universal In-Ear Monitors are ideal for almost any genre or performance style.

UE 150:
150blackfrontpair.png

UE 150 Universal In-Ear Monitors boast a neutral frequency response, which means there’s no “hype” or enhancement in the high or low frequencies. This makes UE 150 ideal for vocalists, keyboard players, guitarists, horn players, recording and mixing engineers and more.

UE250
250galaxyfrontpair.png

UE 250 Universal In-Ear Monitors deliver a tighter bass response and provide more sensitivity and detail at the high end of the frequency spectrum. This makes UE 250 an excellent choice for drummers, DJs, bassists and musicians who want more low-end in their mix.

UE350
350carbonfrontpair.png

UE 350 Universal In-Ear Monitors deliver clarity, volume, and smoothness across the width of the frequency range, resulting in exceptional sound quality and increased headroom. UE 350 is perfect for any artist or instrument across a wide range of genres and is equally at home on the stage or in the studio. Black Carbon Faceplate.

------

UE has not really been active in the universal IEM space since maybe the UE 900s. Seeing them come back brings back quite a bit of nostalgia. Can't wait to see some impressions or to try them out soon.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 9
The UE 150 seems the most interesting, for me that is. Single dynamic driver, lowest priced

The explanation says 'boast a neutral frequency response, which means there’s no “hype” or enhancement in the high or low frequencies'

Seems to be competing with the Sennheiser IE 200 or Mackie IEMs, marketing wise

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 9
The UE 150 seems the most interesting, for me that is. Single dynamic driver, lowest priced

The explanation says 'boast a neutral frequency response, which means there’s no “hype” or enhancement in the high or low frequencies'

Seems to be competing with the Sennheiser IE 200 or Mackie IEMs, marketing wise
Ah somehow I missed that it is a dynamic driver. The sonic description of UE 150 stands out to me, as does its faceplate. Less is more.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 9
Received my 350 2 days ago. I think they have pretty good bass dynamics for BAs. High is there. Soundstage is okay, wider than my Fischer Amps FA-666. I would say it is narrower than my Earsonics S-EM6 v2. Microdetails seems to be laidback on these 350, especially when (metal) music gets very complicated.
These to me me are not good at mids...just like the old TF10s. Exactly the sound signature I like.

Mar 18, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 9
Just ordered the 350s to check out. I’m a musician primarily playing electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and keys for church music (modern rock worship). Interested to see how these stack up. Currently using Audio Technica ATH-E70s.

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 9
Received my 350 2 days ago. I think they have pretty good bass dynamics for BAs. High is there. Soundstage is okay, wider than my Fischer Amps FA-666. I would say it is narrower than my Earsonics S-EM6 v2. Microdetails seems to be laidback on these 350, especially when (metal) music gets very complicated.
These to me me are not good at mids...just like the old TF10s. Exactly the sound signature I like.
The description really looks like the good old TF-10! Do you find them comfortable?

I was planning to get one of these new universals, but when I was clicking around I found that I could actually order universal versions of the custom models. I had always wanted to get a pair of UERM/UERR... and after 10 years I finally did.

Which also means that I probably have to wait for a bit till I place another order

Just ordered the 350s to check out. I’m a musician primarily playing electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass and keys for church music (modern rock worship). Interested to see how these stack up. Currently using Audio Technica ATH-E70s.
Looking forward to your impressions!

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 9
The description really looks like the good old TF-10! Do you find them comfortable?

I was planning to get one of these new universals, but when I was clicking around I found that I could actually order universal versions of the custom models. I had always wanted to get a pair of UERM/UERR... and after 10 years I finally did.

Which also means that I probably have to wait for a bit till I place another order

Looking forward to your impressions!
Pretty comfortable yea, and I think these are quite easy to drive.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Just received and tested the UE 350s. Initial impressions. The fit and isolation are great. I love the cable cinch. The buds themselves look and feel great. The cable is a little short and on the lighter end for my taste (would have preferred something a little longer and heartier). The audio quality is fantastic. I play bass, electric, and acoustic (some keys). The audio sounds excellent! A noticeable upgrade to my Audio Technica ATH-E70s.

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Listening to music right now with UE900s. Just crazy how good it was for its time. Not sure that UE350 will be somehow better...
Despite it's price, I doubt it will be on the same level as UERR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back