Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #3,889 of 4,383
Anyway, I was listening to my UE 900 on the bus ride home today, and my right monitor starting producing this half-scratchy, half-static sound. Moving the wire and the connector alleviates the problem, and it almost goes away, only for the weird sound to resume again in a few minutes. I then pulled the connector out of the socket, and put it back in, and I haven't experienced it since. I hope this is just a single, isolated incident. The stories of failing connectors on people's UE 900s have got me spooked.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #3,890 of 4,383
Anyway, I was listening to my UE 900 on the bus ride home today, and my right monitor starting producing this half-scratchy, half-static sound. Moving the wire and the connector alleviates the problem, and it almost goes away, only for the weird sound to resume again in a few minutes. I then pulled the connector out of the socket, and put it back in, and I haven't experienced it since. I hope this is just a single, isolated incident. The stories of failing connectors on people's UE 900s have got me spooked.

Dirt and dust got into the connector. This happens on headphone jacks as well (not just on the UE 900).

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #3,891 of 4,383
Dirt and dust got into the connector. This happens on headphone jacks as well (not just on the UE 900).

I seriously hope so. The last thing I want is to have to send them back for repairs/replacement.

Although, I've never had this issue crop up on any of my other IEMs or headphones with detachable connectors. My nearly 4 year old SE215 is still going strong.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #3,894 of 4,383
According to UE Support, the UE 900s that I recently received has a 2 year warranty period.

Wow really? By "According to UE Support" what do you mean by that? As in did they send you an email stating it had a 2 year warranty period or was a verbal thing? Because at the Ultimate Ears Pro website it states a 1 year warranty period.

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #3,895 of 4,383
Wow really? By "According to UE Support" what do you mean by that? As in did they send you an email stating it had a 2 year warranty period or was a verbal thing? Because at the Ultimate Ears Pro website it states a 1 year warranty period.
It was via email.

I just emailed them again to confirm and have been told that warranty is in fact for 1 year but will honour the 2 years that i was initially told.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3,897 of 4,383
Need some advice guys :frowning2:

I know this is not the right thread but I don't know what else to do...
I bought my UE600vi last year before Logitech phased them out. Now not even 1 year has passed, and I'm having some issues with it... I contacted Logitech and they sent me to the local "service centre" and the people there told me they couldn't help me because it has been discontinued!

What do I do now? Do I pursue it or do I just give up and upgrade? :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #3,898 of 4,383
Need some advice guys :frowning2:

I know this is not the right thread but I don't know what else to do...
I bought my UE600vi last year before Logitech phased them out. Now not even 1 year has passed, and I'm having some issues with it... I contacted Logitech and they sent me to the local "service centre" and the people there told me they couldn't help me because it has been discontinued!

What do I do now? Do I pursue it or do I just give up and upgrade? :frowning2:

IEMs always break eventually due to the constant stress of the cable, especially around the jack plug. Their life can be extended by babying them but even then there can be faulty exceptions. If the cable has failed at the jack plug (if you wiggle the wire near the jack the sound cuts in and out) Replacing it would get them going again and wouldn't cost the earth. If you have a soldering iron a replacement plug only costs a few pounds.
Or
You could replace them, currently retailing between £30-40 on ebay.
Or
You could drop some serious money on an upgrade. If longevity is your concern buy something with replaceable cables. The UE900 would be worthy upgrade but are not necessarily renound for their robust build quality. They do sound great though.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #3,899 of 4,383
IEMs always break eventually due to the constant stress of the cable, especially around the jack plug. Their life can be extended by babying them but even then there can be faulty exceptions. If the cable has failed at the jack plug (if you wiggle the wire near the jack the sound cuts in and out) Replacing it would get them going again and wouldn't cost the earth. If you have a soldering iron a replacement plug only costs a few pounds.
Or
You could replace them, currently retailing between £30-40 on ebay.
Or
You could drop some serious money on an upgrade. If longevity is your concern buy something with replaceable cables. The UE900 would be worthy upgrade but are not necessarily renound for their robust build quality. They do sound great though.

Yeah... But I feel sore as it's still within warranty...

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #3,900 of 4,383
Yeah... But I feel sore as it's still within warranty...

Then they should replace them with the nearest equivalent that they do still manufacture. Seems to be a lot of uncertainty about exactly what is being offered in their current lineup with many models being discontinued. Get on to customer support. They even lurk on this thread on occasion I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back