agoston.berko

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Dear Head-Fi Community,
which is the best ss amp for UE10 ?
price limit 1000$

THANKS

o2smile.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 16
Whatever has enough power to catch them on fire.

Kidding. But probably something with rolled off treble, from all the accounts I've heard.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 16
Have you posted this in the high-end audio forum? You may get some laughs (the Edition 10 if you didn't already know is, ehm, controversial), but also some good advice from the high-end guys.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 16

Quote:

What makes it controversial? 

There are problems with the build quality of some units, the sound signature disagrees with the ears of some. It's nothing major, but being audiophiles it's turned into random flame wars occasionally on the threads.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
There are problems with the build quality of some units, the sound signature disagrees with the ears of some. It's nothing major, but being audiophiles it's turned into random flame wars occasionally on the threads.

That's just about every headphone though surely, everyone has their tastes.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
That's just about every headphone though surely, everyone has their tastes.

The main issue with the ED10 is that treble is artificially harsh, which does not add to a good experience with high strings or other high-heavy music. Early production versions had some build issues, but I believe most of them have been fixed. However, the overall presentation of the headphone is still great, and if looks are your thing you can't really beat it.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
i hope this tread won't be a flame-war because i have mentioned the Ultrasone Ten.
that was not my intention.
frown.gif

No, don't worry. You'll only find that kind of passion if you directly state that one can is better at everything than another. Lol don't sweat it at all. I'm sorry we haven't been quite helpful to you, either. Have you tried posting in the High-End Audio Forum?

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #11 of 16
okey: here are me choices SO FAR.

Violectric V200
and
SPL Auditor

both are reasonably priced, and they look good.
SPL supposed to have nice synergy with Ultrasone and Violectric has a smart gain switch to correct the treble area on the UE10.

what do you think guys ?
ANYTHING ELSE ? PLEASE RECOMMEND ME MORE MODELLS ! THANKS

gs1000.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 16
Rudistor NX-03

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 16
The Phonitor is quite well-regarded for many high-end headphones, and is generally the go-to. I'll throw in my lot on this one from my experience with it on some Grados, Sennheisers, and Beyers. I've never heard a Phonitor with an ED10, but it did great things to the HD800 and PS1000.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 16
Phonitor yes maybe but Auditor is for the same SQ 60% cheaper.
are this little trigger at a front so important ?
maybe is useful for Ultrasone 10 but i dunno.
is crossfeed amount not set-able via PC software ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back