Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Aug 29, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #16 of 2,312
Have the Pro 2500 and HFI 2200 (2008 version)
I like the HFI 2200 a lot more.

The HFI 2400 is suppose to be same headphone as the HFI 2200 if true it's pretty sad this headphone goes completely unnoticed on here.

Because the HFI 2200 is a pretty special headphone. It's open. It's got bass strength and texture that is washed over by other headphones but it's really not bassy or bloated.
It's got insane detail I hear some people say HD 600/650 has a veil and something like DT 880 or AKG 701 is more detailed but bright.
The HFI 2200 makes the DT 880 sound veiled and muddy but the HFI 2200 isn't bright. There is also a lot of mid detail and clarity I just haven't heard in other headphones. You hear a snap and bottom to the drums you just don't hear with other headphones. And cymbals have a zing but aren't so muted or annoying like I find with other headphones.And the vocals nice and clear.It's also quite airy but not weird airy like the AD 700.Nothing really jumps out in it's sound or spikes so it's easy to listen to and focus on any part of the song you want.
And thanks to S-Logic you have the reduced air pressure so it's very easy to listen to without your ears dying in fatigue.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #17 of 2,312

Quote:
Have the Pro 2500 and HFI 2200 (2008 version)
I like the HFI 2200 a lot more.

The HFI 2400 is suppose to be same headphone as the HFI 2200 if true it's pretty sad this headphone goes completely unnoticed on here.

Because the HFI 2200 is a pretty special headphone. It's open. It's got bass strength and texture that is washed over by other headphones but it's really not bassy or bloated.
It's got insane detail I hear some people say HD 600/650 has a veil and something like DT 880 or AKG 701 is more detailed but bright.
The HFI 2200 makes the DT 880 sound veiled and muddy but the HFI 2200 isn't bright. There is also a lot of mid detail and clarity I just haven't heard in other headphones. You hear a snap and bottom to the drums you just don't hear with other headphones. And cymbals have a zing but aren't so muted or annoying like I find with other headphones.And the vocals nice and clear.It's also quite airy but not weird airy like the AD 700.Nothing really jumps out in it's sound or spikes so it's easy to listen to and focus on any part of the song you want.
And thanks to S-Logic you have the reduced air pressure so it's very easy to listen to without your ears dying in fatigue.

Very true indeed.  Before I purchased my HFI-2200s there was no info on them.  They were categorized as movie headphones.  They do slam with music indeed and with amplification they scale very well.  I have watched a couple of movies with them, but in no way would I say they are only for that purpose.

Gotta love the Ultrasone bass folks....
beerchug.gif

Trying to get a poll going but with no success.  Don't know if it's possible once the thread has started.
confused_face_2.gif

I'm rockin' atm the PRO2500s with a little thrash and a tube amp on a rainy SoFla day....
eek.gif

I use various genres with them and they always deliver....

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #19 of 2,312
i just had an Ultrasone HFI-580
beerchug.gif
,and i am very happy and satisfied with the amount of bass and isolation , i am telling u it is a hell pair of Headphones For listening to Trance or any EDM Genre
basshead.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #20 of 2,312
HFI-580 is my first headphone from Ultrasone. I have a feeling there will be more to come in the future.

Eyeing the Pro 900 right now as my year end gift to myself :)

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 2,312
Pro 2500 owner and fan here. Sure it has it's flaws but does some things so fantastically! Burn-in had a huge effect with these babies and my ears were in heaven ~250 hours in.

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #22 of 2,312
btw, anyone find themselves to have a overly small headsize? I had to add a piece of cushion underneath my 580's lether piece to lift up the headphones, in order to lock in the perfect position for bass

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #23 of 2,312
Purchased HFI 780 a couple years ago and this year I got the Pro 900 which completely replaced the HFI 780. Currently I'm waiting for J$ pads to arrive.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #24 of 2,312
Proud owner of DJ1 and Pro 900..
Loving the sound signature of Ultrasone which makes my techno/trance collection to shine...
I think i'll never switch to a different brand as long as Ultrasone continues to make fine headphones...
I wish in the future that they make earpads swivel 180 degrees and put in their entry level cans a softer pleather on the headband..

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #25 of 2,312
List updated!  PRO900s seems to ba a favorite as of now....

For you trance fans, I know the genre has evolved dramatically in the last ten years, but if you get a chance try to listen to some Euphoria compilations (Vol. 1-10 & Ibiza Vol. 1-4).  Telstar Records folded in 2004 and M.O.S. took over.  So, pre 2004 (lol)...Took me close to a year to complete my collection.  Ibiza Euphoria Vol. 1 (Matt Darey) was the hardest to attain, but patience was the name of the game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphoria_(compilations)

A little Markus with the PRO2500s today...
beerchug.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #27 of 2,312
New recruit reporting for duty, sir!

Just got my HFi-580s. So far I like them a lot, the added bass response over my Shure SRH440s is really nice, but it doesn't bleed out the highs though it does seem the mids are a little muddy. However these apparently need a loooooong burn in time, so maybe they'll get a bit more prominent after a couple hundred hours of use.

I think for acoustic stuff and vocals I really want to pay attention to, I still like the SRH440s a bit better, but these are a great upgrade for all around fun listening in a closed can.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #29 of 2,312

Quote:
but it doesn't bleed out the highs though it does seem the mids are a little muddy. 

You will find out that they are not muddy after all..
wink.gif

I would say they are very clear but recessed as in all closed cans....

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #30 of 2,312
I assumed as much, since there's such a big burn in on these they would come into their own.

I have to say, I am so glad someone on Engadget called me out and told me to learn about a decent set of headphones (I was defending SkullCandy, what is wrong with me) and come here. I used to want a set of Beats so badly, and I ended up with 2 fantastic sets of cans that wipe the floor with Beats Studios for 100 dollars less then a pair of Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back