Ultrasone HFI 2400 silver dragon recabled vs Pro 900
Mar 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

PhenomenalSound

100+ Head-Fier
I'm deciding to buy a new pair of headphones but I cant decide which between those 2.
The HFI 2400 is recabled with silver dragon cable by moon audio, its hardwire split modded which is not detachable and the cost is $350.
But the 2400 is open headphones so it's kinda bad to listen in some places and the Pro 900 is closed.
Can you guys help me decide which to get? thanks

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
The silver dragon cable will improve the sound of the headphones.
Now I think I don't really care about open or closed, just wondering about the sound quality and price!

Actually if it did improve the sound, it'll probably be very slight. I've seen measurements of cables and none of them look like it would have a huge effect on sound, at least when it comes to being audible. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Actually if it did improve the sound, it'll probably be very slight. I've seen measurements of cables and none of them look like it would have a huge effect on sound, at least when it comes to being audible. 

If then which one do you prefer? HFI 2400 is $350 and Pro 900 is around $300. (I can actually get the stock HFI 2400 for $200)

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Ok Thank you but to be sure do you think that the silver dragon cable only slightly improve the sound because they cost like $250 :O

Cables just conduct electricity, it doesn't do anything fancy. A properly made cable (like stock) is going to conduct electricity. The only difference in the cables AFAIK is their impedance, which is so small it shouldn't affect the sound at all. There was two cable debate threads out there that covered this better than I do. If you really have doubts about the cables, grab a long extension cable, then ABX the extension cable and stock cable yourself.

This is the measurements with the biggest difference I can find

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578171/cables-measuring-the-differences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back