Ultrasone hfi 580 and Sansa clip+
Jul 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

dreamLRG

Head-Fier
After hearing mixed reviews. I just bought my ultrasone hfi 580 and is the sansa clip sufficient enough so i can get some really good bassy thump thump music off the sansa clip? 

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 19
Congrats man...
I also ordered today the DJ1 which is exactly the same except from the looks and the cable...
How do you find the sound out of them?
Is the clamping force tight so as to stay on your head firmly?

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 19
Im in the processs of burning in, and im putting the headphones around a couple of stacked books, so i can alleviate the pressure. But its not bad, im replacing the pleather apds with dt 250 velour replacement pads

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 19
So what you are saying is that the clamping force was pressing your ears too much that you had to do the trick with the books..
That's good news for me because i read in some reviews that some people find them quite loose...
Are you changing the pleather pads because they make your ears sweat or you find them uncomfortable?

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 19
Ears sweat. but i think i am returning the hfi 580 for the Ultrasone Dj1's because reviews have stated that the dj1's have a lot better comfort, and to me the white and black look a lot better

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 19
Really??
You find 580 so uncomfortable so as to send them back?
From my experience headphones with excess clamping force tend to loosen up after some period of usage..
When i first tried M50's i found them quite uncomfortable compare to my hd 448 but after 3 months i can say that they become so perfectly fitted..
Tomorrow i am expecting DJ1,i can give you some tips about them if you like..
You are right though,black and white is so **** cool.....

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 19
Ahaha no. Its just the dj1 are exactly the same sound quality as the hfi 580. But they looked cooler, and were 30 dollars cheaper. so im returning the hfi 580.

and yea tips would be nice!

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 19
O.k finally DJ1 is at home.....
L3000.gif

You ears will sweat the same but you will have a cool can...
I was a little bit dissapointed with the clamping force on these,i find them quite loose compare with my M50's and because of that the bass impact is not so strong.
If i press the earcups then i have the missing bass impact but this is not a permanent solution...
As for the sound,i am currently at my 2nd listening hour and i am really impressed....
These cans are becoming better and better after only one hour.......

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
Do you have a big head or a smaller head?

I am not a bighead....
biggrin.gif

Don't getting this wrong,it's not so tragically loose but if i move my head back and forth they slip and the pressure on my ears is not so firm..

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #12 of 19
I think so too...
wink.gif

Btw the can after 4 hours of non-stop play is really giving me the creeps....
dt880smile.png

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
Are they that amazing? I just got them. Wow they are freaking comfortable. yea the clamping force isnt that great.

ive been using my friends older pair for a week. 

Yes they are....
Congrats on your new cans....
They will get better and better every hour...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back