Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
May 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #4,546 of 5,992
the lcd-2 are nothing like the pro 900, the lcd-2 beat them in everything except bass quantity.

May 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #4,548 of 5,992
Quote:
the lcd-2 are nothing like the pro 900, the lcd-2 beat them in everything except bass quantity.

With the proper amplification the Bass is refined ont he LCD-2's unlike the unrealistic bloat of the 900's
It still amazes me that Ultrasone 700's sound better than 900's that insane just goes to show they keep cutting corners

May 18, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #4,549 of 5,992
I don't think they are bloated in any way. They have quality bass that doesn't mess up the midrange or the highs IMO, but then again they sound different on different amps. The LCD-2 better have a better sound in every way considering that they are top of the line. If anything they should be compared to the Signature Pro's and not Pro 900 to make a fair judgement, and then again it's mostly personal preferences.
I'm glad you like the LCD-2, I have my eyes set on them! 
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #4,550 of 5,992
May 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #4,551 of 5,992
Quote:
Well I got scammed and I dont have the PRO900 on the way so those Denon J$ pads I have are FS http://www.head-fi.org/t/610646/jmoney-j-pads-for-denon-d2000-d5000-d7000-pro900-mod

http://www.head-fi.org/t/610328/bad-trader-crap-i-need-help/135#post_8392698

Thanks for all your help guys...such a shame 
frown.gif

Sorry man, that's not how things are supposed to be here. I feel bad for you and everyone else that got scammed. I hope you'll get your stuff back some day.

So, you have no headphones, no mp3 player, no money, no nothing right now?

May 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #4,552 of 5,992
Quote:
Sorry man, that's not how things are supposed to be here. I feel bad for you and everyone else that got scammed. I hope you'll get your stuff back some day.

So, you have no headphones, no mp3 player, no money, no nothing right now?

Thakns for your kind words...such a shame, I used to love head-fi but thanks to 1 person its almost destroyed the trading system for me 
frown.gif

Well I got some earphones and a computer...feel so dumb right now ! 

And after I sell those pads I may have enough for a clip+ lol 

May 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #4,553 of 5,992
Would it be worth it to upgrade from a PRO700mk2 to the PRO900? They both have very similar sound signatures, is there really $200 worth of difference?

May 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #4,555 of 5,992
What I mean is, they both serve the same general purpose as a V-shaped FR skewed toward bass.

Basically, what would a can like the PRO900 have over a can like the PRO700mk2? Does anyone have experience with both? I want to be absolutely positive before I drop a month's worth of part-time work's pay on something I have been being strongly peer pressured into not buying, you see. 
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #4,557 of 5,992
Hey Head-Fi Prosumers,

So I recieved my Pro 900s about 7 days ago.. and they are AWESOMEEEE!!!!. When I first put them on I listened to 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack, and I must say, it felt like I was lost in the waves of sound frequencies and having a trip from the bass.

I have been reading several pages of this thread and have learned so much, and feel more comfortable about the $400 I spent on these phones (brand new), so thanks for that- you guys sound awesome.

HELP!: QUESTION (CONCERN):
  While I listen to these for some songs (top40 singles as an example), I notice the vocals in some songs sound prominent more towards the right ear cup than the left (meaning not dead centre in my head).
  I tried putting on other headphones and didnt get this effect, I even changed the device I was playing from and the source of recording, and still get that effect). For these PRO 900 i feel I have to adjust the balance (bias it more towards the left cup) on the different devices I hooked it up to; eg. PC, portable-AMP, iphone, etc. 
  The good thing is for all other sound frequencies it seems balanced between left and right cups (bass, and sub frequencies)-so it doesnt look like my headphone are defective... I really pray they arent! because shipping back will cost so much!!!.

I read some stuff about one ear cup sounding louder than other on Headfi, and they gave advice to reinstall the cable it comes with, which i played around with, but to no avail I still get this effect...

Can someone please advise me!

Is it maybe the S-logic effect I need to get use to? The ones I bought are unbalanced (one cord in left ear cup).

May 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #4,558 of 5,992
Quote:
Hey Head-Fi Prosumers,

So I recieved my Pro 900s about 7 days ago.. and they are AWESOMEEEE!!!!. When I first put them on I listened to 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack, and I must say, it felt like I was lost in the waves of sound frequencies and having a trip from the bass.

I have been reading several pages of this thread and have learned so much, and feel more comfortable about the $400 I spent on these phones (brand new), so thanks for that- you guys sound awesome.

HELP!: QUESTION (CONCERN):
  While I listen to these for some songs (top40 singles as an example), I notice the vocals in some songs sound prominent more towards the right ear cup than the left (meaning not dead centre in my head).
  I tried putting on other headphones and didnt get this effect, I even changed the device I was playing from and the source of recording, and still get that effect). For these PRO 900 i feel I have to adjust the balance (bias it more towards the left cup) on the different devices I hooked it up to; eg. PC, portable-AMP, iphone, etc. 
  The good thing is for all other sound frequencies it seems balanced between left and right cups (bass, and sub frequencies)-so it doesnt look like my headphone are defective... I really pray they arent! because shipping back will cost so much!!!.

I read some stuff about one ear cup sounding louder than other on Headfi, and they gave advice to reinstall the cable it comes with, which i played around with, but to no avail I still get this effect...

Can someone please advise me!

Is it maybe the S-logic effect I need to get use to? The ones I bought are unbalanced (one cord in left ear cup).

I have a similar effect too with mine, but with the bass response. I feel that the bass is more prominent from the left earcup, but this is all most likely due to how important it is to adjust the headphones. Moving it around the sound can easily become off-centered. This has been reported by many Pro 900 users in this thread.

May 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4,559 of 5,992
Try locking the ear cup in other positions. Worked for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back