UM3X [Opinions] yours&mine
May 2, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #76 of 86
Quote:
I seriously want to use the p-series badly... but it seems that my ears dont like.... and they try to make the p-series hurt :xf_mad: The problem here... is my ears.  I can only insert tips so far, until I reach a point where my ear canal just becomes DANGEROUSLY small.  It would be interesting to see a custom mold of my ear.

Why not just get a UM56?

May 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #77 of 86
May 3, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #79 of 86
The Shure Olives on the UM3X are the best of both worlds - they give the comfort and isolation of the Complys but with the durability and sound of the silicones.

also THERE IS NOTHING I DON'T LOVE ABOUT THE UM3X! 

May 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #80 of 86
Quote:
The Shure Olives on the UM3X are the best of both worlds - they give the comfort and isolation of the Complys but with the durability and sound of the silicones.

also THERE IS NOTHING I DON'T LOVE ABOUT THE UM3X! 

Luckily I have some olives coming in now!

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #82 of 86
Dec 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #83 of 86
Quote:
How do you EQing up that treble on an iPodTouch?  

http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/13/how-to-set-custom-equalizer-settings-on-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch/

I'd start by dragging 8k up to the first grey line above neutral (and maybe 1/3 of the way to the next), then cutting the preamp by the same amount.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #84 of 86
Quote:
http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/13/how-to-set-custom-equalizer-settings-on-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch/

I'd start by dragging 8k up to the first grey line above neutral (and maybe 1/3 of the way to the next), then cutting the preamp by the same amount.

Thx. But, if I go with W4, I will dont need all these EQing. Am comming from E4c-420-425-530-535, and now the big move toward Westone sig. I recently get the UM3Xrc, but, after 4 days, of session, and reading, I found kind a rumbling, that to bass forward to me, Maybe, I hope, that W4 will suit my taste. (Listeningto: Vocal smooth jazz, Krall, Leeonard Cohen. Depeche mode, Eagles, PinkFloyd, Delerium, DeepForest, electronica, softrock, Is W4 ideal for these?
Merci  thk
Happy Holyday!!

=>  I make a search to Apple iTunes store, and dont find that "iTunes Equalizer" app there. Maybe they remove or change name?! thx anyways!

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #85 of 86
Quote:
Thx. But, if I go with W4, I will dont need all these EQing. Am comming from E4c-420-425-530-535, and now the big move toward Westone sig. I recently get the UM3Xrc, but, after 4 days, of session, and reading, I found kind a rumbling, that to bass forward to me, Maybe, I hope, that W4 will suit my taste. (Listeningto: Vocal smooth jazz, Krall, Leeonard Cohen. Depeche mode, Eagles, PinkFloyd, Delerium, DeepForest, electronica, softrock, Is W4 ideal for these?
Merci  thk
Happy Holyday!!

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #86 of 86
Quote:

THERE IS NOTHING I DON'T LOVE ABOUT THE UM3X! 

Good point.  If you wanted to nit-pick you may want the treble a little more sparkly (but fixable with EQ).  You may also want a larger soundstage but it more than makes up for it in resolution and imaging (it shames W3 in this area).

Other than that I would damn near call it perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back