Uncomfortable headphones
Sep 16, 2003 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sgraphics

Head-Fier
Hello,

I have had Sennheiser HD202's for a month now. I thought my ears would get used to them but no, they are still uncomfortable and after about two hours of listening my ears hurt! And it doesnt matter how I put them, I have tried millions of ways.

Could I somehow exchange the pads for bigger and softer pads? I would imagine all the new sennheisers (202, 212, 495, 497) are the same size... so those of you owning these, are you pleased with the comfort?

Sep 16, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Could you describe how they hurt? Is it the pressure, pads, or that 202 sound?

I know some have to stretch the 202's-497's over a basketball or books for a few nights to loosen them up. I had to when I owned the 202's. They clamped too vice-like.

Sep 16, 2003 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey Sgraphics,
Stretch the plastic band as much as possible. Try placing them on a soccer/basketball (your preference) overnight. You might also try just bending them backwards so they touch. The plastic is quite resilent, unless its very cold (not sure about the temp in Estonia) the band will not break. Once I stretched the plastic band on my 497's they were quite comfortable.
Live Long and Prosper,
db

Sep 23, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok some time has gone by. I have stretched them and this helped a bit but doesnt seem to be what is causing the earpain. Specifically the edge of my left (and sometimes the right) earlobe hurts when using them about 1,5 h. So I think its the pads that are causing the pain. They're too stiff for my ears.

Are there any pads to replace these stock ones? Today I tried Beyerdynamic DT 231, and besides the sound being noticably better, their pads where awesome... soo soft!
280smile.gif

I have attached a picture showing the pieces.. 1) the base, 2) a disk 3) the pad. The pad goes around the disk and the disk goes onto the base.
smily_headphones1.gif
Pads are 7 x 9 cm. Any replacements possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back