under $75 superstars
Apr 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

headphone man07

100+ Head-Fier
this is a roundup thread and I'm looking for the best headphones under $75 
rules
1) pads must be huge eg ath ad900, sony xb500 sennheiser hd598 e.t.c.
2) they can be good for anything, open backed, closed back, noise cancelling e.t.c.
3) any frequency response graph, as long as they're amazing.
4) put in a link to your recommendation for a review if you can
these aren't for me, they're for anyone looking for budget headphones, if you ever see a thread looking for full size under $75, post a link to this thread.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 14
I'm not sure about the pads, but you might want to look into Somic MH463 headphones, they seem to be getting of good reviews and can be found for 50$

edit: review thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/637699/50mm-driver-open-air-full-size-cans-pop-out-of-nowhere-sound-amazing

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 14
Not too sure what you mean by HUGE pads, I'm guessing that you mean circumaural in that the pad goes AROUND your ears instead of resting on top.  If that's the case, take a look at the Creative Aurvana Lives.  Those are my favorite sub 100 dollar headphones, very comfortable and sounds amazing.

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 14
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
Not too sure what you mean by HUGE pads, I'm guessing that you mean circumaural in that the pad goes AROUND your ears instead of resting on top.  If that's the case, take a look at the Creative Aurvana Lives.  Those are my favorite sub 100 dollar headphones, very comfortable and sounds amazing.

For how long do you own the Creative Aurvana Live? Also, how is the bass on them? Is it any tight, or kind of loose?

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
For how long do you own the Creative Aurvana Live? Also, how is the bass on them? Is it any tight, or kind of loose?

I've owned the Creative Aurvana Lives 3 times (none of them ever broke, I just kept snagging them up whenever I saw them for cheap and ended up selling them later, one of my favorite all time headphones though).  I would describe the bass as slightly loose, but reaches pretty low and very enjoyable.  My cousin and I did a head to head comparison with them against a pair of M50's and we both agreed that its 95% the sound quality of the M50's.  Build quality might not be as good, but definitely more comfortable.  I also owned a pair of sony XB500s and Denon D1100s and can honestly say that the Creative Aurvana Live trumps both of them.

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
I've owned the Creative Aurvana Lives 3 times (none of them ever broke, I just kept snagging them up whenever I saw them for cheap and ended up selling them later, one of my favorite all time headphones though).  I would describe the bass as slightly loose, but reaches pretty low and very enjoyable.  My cousin and I did a head to head comparison with them against a pair of M50's and we both agreed that its 95% the sound quality of the M50's.  Build quality might not be as good, but definitely more comfortable.  I also owned a pair of sony XB500s and Denon D1100s and can honestly say that the Creative Aurvana Live trumps both of them.

Alright, and how is the bass quality? Also, how is the instrument separation?

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #9 of 14
Ahh..i forgot the JVC HARX700. They are still respected headphones. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
Alright, and how is the bass quality? Also, how is the instrument separation?

I found the bass quality to be very deep and rich.  As for instrument separation, it's decent but it's definitely not an analytical pair of cans.  I think I saw someone else here refer to the Creative Aurvana Lives as sort of a mini Denon D2000 (another can that I use to own, and probably my favorite pair of closed headphones), and I agree with this.  If you're wanting something with more instrument separation, then probably look elsewhere, but I think that CAL are the perfect sub 100 dollar headphones for people who like to listen to Electronic/rap/hiphop/rnb. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:
I found the bass quality to be very deep and rich.  As for instrument separation, it's decent but it's definitely not an analytical pair of cans.  I think I saw someone else here refer to the Creative Aurvana Lives as sort of a mini Denon D2000 (another can that I use to own, and probably my favorite pair of closed headphones), and I agree with this.  If you're wanting something with more instrument separation, then probably look elsewhere, but I think that CAL are the perfect sub 100 dollar headphones for people who like to listen to Electronic/rap/hiphop/rnb. 

And how do they sound with male and female vocals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back