Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Sep 16, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #35 of 381
Hope the ME 1 demo will be available during CanJam Singapore 2018. Which exhibitors brought them during last CanJam NYC? Or was it by UM? Really interested in trying these. Thanks audionewbi for sharing your impression. :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #37 of 381
It was MusicTeck, their authorized dealer in the US
Thanks. I hope that MS, or Jaben can bring them next year, hehe. I wish to order one too. But maybe it's better to wait for more impression. :p Yours maybe?

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #38 of 381
Sep 16, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #39 of 381
I dont think the SP1000 will have any difficulties to drive these iems.
when I tested them an CanJam NYC I used my WM1Z with a SE cable and it was more than enough. I agree that the LCDi4 needs a more powerful amp but these one won't.

@audionewbi, what is your impression?
To get an idea how its tonality is anything will do but I find having a good amp which supplies a more stable voltage helps alot more.
These need a fast source, I am trying to see if I can find a bakoon amplifier to see how they benefit from current amplification.

In terms of getting sound loud that is not an issue, they go loud pretty quick however that isn't really a good think, I wish they had lower sensitivity.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #40 of 381
I have these also (had them for almost two weeks now) - will be writing them up next week. They are really good for low volume listening. Struggling though at higher volumes (almost a bit shouty). Still trying to work out which frequency is causing it.

They're pretty impressive in a lot of ways though. More soon.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #41 of 381
I think 2-5 kHz, I also sense it is very sensitive to poor output.
I wish they had a lower sensitivity, their sensitivity is too high.

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #42 of 381
I have these also (had them for almost two weeks now) - will be writing them up next week. They are really good for low volume listening. Struggling though at higher volumes (almost a bit shouty). Still trying to work out which frequency is causing it.

They're pretty impressive in a lot of ways though. More soon.
So how you think about me.1 against Big Dipper sonically , they both are in the samr price category .

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #43 of 381
Personally I prefer the Dipper. You may prefer the ME.1. That's the hard part - all I can comment on is my own preference. These are very linear though, quite open, remind em a lot of the ADEL U series IEMs - just with flatter mid-bass.

Sep 17, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #44 of 381
What is the Dipper ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back