Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #3,061 of 3,931

Quote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. Cables turn up next week so I can have a listen but will almost certainly get them redone. The right monitor is a bit loose too so it's probably for the best. Just hope they can speed up the process, not really prepared to wait another 8 weeks.

I feel your pain
frown.gif

Quote:
For the price they charge, I would get it redone. They should also pay the shipping both ways.

It's in their policy to always charge the customer for shipping if a refit is required.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #3,063 of 3,931

Quote:
I feel your pain
frown.gif

It's in their policy to always charge the customer for shipping if a refit is required.

They need to take a look at their policy then. Kaysen at Fisher even offered me their account number to ship mine back to them for my refit. I didnt ask enough questions to understand it, so I just paid it myself. Granted shipping is much less keeping it in the states, but UM also charges much more for the product out of the gate. Businesses need to start to understand keeping customers happy, you piss one off and it can snowball into many.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #3,064 of 3,931

Quote:
They need to take a look at their policy then. Kaysen at Fisher even offered me their account number to ship mine back to them for my refit. I didnt ask enough questions to understand it, so I just paid it myself. Granted shipping is much less keeping it in the states, but UM also charges much more for the product out of the gate. Businesses need to start to understand keeping customers happy, you piss one off and it can snowball into many.

Yup didn't know that about the shipping.  Given that I've had three refits already damn glad I didn't go with um now.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #3,066 of 3,931
I have to admit that I've not really understood UM's shipping policies. The reason being is that I've got 2xUM IEMs, one of them I've sent back for repair and refit a total of 4 times. I was not charged for shipment back for the first 3 times. The 4th time, I do need to but that's 'cos I didn't like the sound and it's for re-tuning so it's at -my- request.

Aside from what the policy has stated, has anyone actually been charged for shipping fee for a re-fitting exercise?

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #3,067 of 3,931

Quote:
IMHO, if you are going to go with higher priced reshells, it seems 1964 ears is the way to go, if you are here in the states.

To be fair, if you're factoring in the cost of shipping (depending on your region) you may actually be paying less to ship everything off to 1964 Ears than Unique Melody.
The cost of shipping and the wait time are actually the reason I decided not to go with UM for my reshell, as it brought the total cost to a point I was more comfortable with paying.
Plus if I have to send it back for refitting, it doesn't have far to go.

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3,068 of 3,931
I have to admit that I've not really understood UM's shipping policies. The reason being is that I've got 2xUM IEMs, one of them I've sent back for repair and refit a total of 4 times. I was not charged for shipment back for the first 3 times. The 4th time, I do need to but that's 'cos I didn't like the sound and it's for re-tuning so it's at -my- request.

Aside from what the policy has stated, has anyone actually been charged for shipping fee for a re-fitting exercise?

the definition of charged being?

I think the max UM 'makes you pay' is sending the IEMs back if it's for a refit. For local dealers it's reasonable, for directly to UMLab - about $50 (which is still ok and you don't have to wait for the batches to accumulate)
They're more than reasonable to request you pay the shipping back if you're getting a retune.

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #3,069 of 3,931
Well I had 2 reshells done at once with UM. Fit and build quality was perfect on both of them.

Maybe bad impressions are the reason for the bad fits? My impressions were very impressively done and well protected when shipped.

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #3,070 of 3,931
Well I had 2 reshells done at once with UM. Fit and build quality was perfect on both of them.

Maybe bad impressions are the reason for the bad fits? My impressions were very impressively done and well protected when shipped.

UM never tried to charge me shipping for returns due to order problems or re-fits screw ups (paid local to dealer)

A fair few people in any CIEM thread ship back for refits(e.g. heir as well). It's not really uncommon at all - more of a 'fact of CIEM life'
Plus, It makes economic sense for CIEM companies to refer people to quality audiologists (parramatta ihear was not one. the guy there was clueless and didn't have a biteblock/didn't suggest how much to open the jaw to bite on an apple or make sure the position was comfortable and didn't move and generally didn't seem to care at all whether the impressions turn out fine. If you're in western Sydney - go elsewhere for impressions, even if it is a bit of a trip).

You might pay $20-$50 max for a refit, but UM or the dealer pay the shipping back and the time/materials to remake the mold (plus some people perceiving refits as order problems ).

at the same time, I think it's pedagogically reasonable to insist a company pays for shipping both ways if they made a mistake with the order/have them rush the replacement.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #3,071 of 3,931

Quote:
UM never tried to charge me shipping for returns due to order problems or re-fits screw ups (paid local to dealer)
A fair few people in any CIEM thread ship back for refits(e.g. heir as well). It's not really uncommon at all - more of a 'fact of CIEM life'
Plus, It makes economic sense for CIEM companies to refer people to quality audiologists (parramatta ihear was not one. the guy there was clueless and didn't have a biteblock/didn't suggest how much to open the jaw to bite on an apple or make sure the position was comfortable and didn't move and generally didn't seem to care at all whether the impressions turn out fine. If you're in western Sydney - go elsewhere for impressions, even if it is a bit of a trip).
You might pay $20-$50 max for a refit, but UM or the dealer pay the shipping back and the time/materials to remake the mold (plus some people perceiving refits as order problems ).
at the same time, I think it's pedagogically reasonable to insist a company pays for shipping both ways if they made a mistake with the order/have them rush the replacement.

That's true, I can't help but wonder why it says shipping costs will be incurred though if you need a refit.

Apr 8, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #3,072 of 3,931
Hey guys,
I ordered my UM cable off the UM global website about a week ago. The site quoted my total cost as 50$, and free shipping.
I paid with paypal and my order is confirmed. Upon checking 3 days ago, I see my order is not yet shipped and there is now a 20$ shipping price attached onto the UM cables. I tried to get in contact with UM Global but havent got a reply.
What do you guys suggest me to do?

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #3,074 of 3,931

Quote:
Hey guys,
I ordered my UM cable off the UM global website about a week ago. The site quoted my total cost as 50$, and free shipping.
I paid with paypal and my order is confirmed. Upon checking 3 days ago, I see my order is not yet shipped and there is now a 20$ shipping price attached onto the UM cables. I tried to get in contact with UM Global but havent got a reply.
What do you guys suggest me to do?

It's most likely a mistake, they are on Easter holidays now unfortunately.

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #3,075 of 3,931
So I got back my socket broken customs and I am still not happy with them. got silver dragons and both soccets are not connecting as they should. I will post pictures tomorrow but I really dont know what to do with them, it can actually bend or brake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back