Upgrade From HD600 To Beyerdynamic T1.
Jun 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Macmuffin

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from the HD600 to something new. I have been looking at the Beyerdynamic T1, but have some concerns. I owned the DT880/600 some time ago, and ended up selling them because the treble could sometimes be harsh to my ears. I hear some people say the T1's have a "spike" in the top end. I really liked the DT880/600 even over the HD600 in some cases, if it was not for the occasional harshness in the top end i would still have them. So to make a long story short, I really don't want to drop $1000.00 on a headphone, and end up feeling the same way i did with the DT880. My ultimate headphone would be something really close to the DT880, but without the harshness. 

So if anyone has some advice on witch direction to go, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 29
If you had issues with the treble from the DT 880/600, then you may also have them with the T1.  The T1 is also on the bright side of the line.  What you pair them with is also part of the equation.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared#user_T1

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 29
  If you had issues with the treble from the DT 880/600, then you may also have them with the T1.  The T1 is also on the bright side of the line.  What you pair them with is also part of the equation.  See:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared#user_T1

I mean, to be honest i like bright headphones, just not harsh. I have read some people say the DT880 is brighter than the T1, and other say the T1 is still sometimes a little harsh in the top end.

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 29

I mean, to be honest i like bright headphones, just not harsh. I have read some people say the DT880 is brighter than the T1, and other say the T1 is still sometimes a little harsh in the top end.

That's a matter of personal judgment and taste.  So there is no substitute for hearing them yourself.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 29
Well i have been an on and off owner of the HD600 for about 2 years. TO be 100 percent honest, i think i just get bored of them after awhile, although i guess the same could be said for any pair of headphones. The reason i liked the DT880 was because i felt it produced more detail, and celerity than the HD600, and it did not hurt that the build quality was much better on the DT880.
I really liked the way the AKG Q701 sounded, but simply could not get past the poor comfort, and ended up selling them after about a month.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #11 of 29
  Well i have been an on and off owner of the HD600 for about 2 years. TO be 100 percent honest, i think i just get bored of them after awhile, although i guess the same could be said for any pair of headphones. The reason i liked the DT880 was because i felt it produced more detail, and celerity than the HD600, and it did not hurt that the build quality was much better on the DT880.
I really liked the way the AKG Q701 sounded, but simply could not get past the poor comfort, and ended up selling them after about a month.

The HD 600 has somewhat tuned down treble--not quite rolled off, but close.  I don't hear the Q 701 as bright, but it has more treble in its sound signature than the HD 600 does in its.  So neither of these is a bright headphone to my ears.

If your comfort problem with the Q 701 was the bumps in the headband, you should check out the new K 7xx.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #12 of 29
I have spent several hours comparing T1 and my DT880. T1 is better DT880... slightly more bright may be... it is your choice now I guess ...depends recording yes it is bright and it is clear not hard sounding. in vocals SSS will be sharp and quick... however I loved clarity and control

Be aware of Beyerdinamic quality control

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #13 of 29

For me HD600 and Dragonfly is the end game now for the price...

I really liked Q701 also, best control separation and articulation... too bad they have little less bass and harsh lower treble causing fatigue...

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #14 of 29

For me HD600 and Dragonfly is the end game now for the price...

I really liked Q701 also, best control separation and articulation... too bad they have little less bass and harsh lower treble causing fatigue...

This is going to be tough, i really have no idea what im going to buy. All i know is i have to buy something because i sold my HD600. haha

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #15 of 29
  This is going to be tough, i really have no idea what im going to buy. All i know is i have to buy something because i sold my HD600. haha

haha I was like you and bought Hifiman HE400i, little better bass little better overall but I prefer HD600 due to soundstage and placement. you can repeat my ,,mistake'' if you want warm sound. otherwise nothing warm I have heard in above ,,ranks'' ... HD800 T1 are all bright... or you can go to Audeze and deal other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back