Upgrade to Hisoundaudio Rocoo P?
May 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

aob9

New Head-Fier
Hi all, this is my first post here after many weeks of lurking around and reading these great forums. I would like your qualified opinion on my next upgrade path.

I have been using the Sony NWZ-X1060 since the original release date back in 2009 and have been very pleased with the SQ. Now that I have a few Euros to spare I would like to upgrade to an audiophile player and have been paying close attention to the Hisoundaudio Rocoo P  (bundled with POP(O) headphones) for approx €200. I have also considered the new NWZ-Z1060 by Sony but this android device is overkill for someone that just wants to listen to music, besides it's a brick and I already have an Xperia S smartphone. I have been using the bundled headphones and the Sony MDR-V700's with the X. It's safe to say I like Bass in my audio.

My choice of player is a lot to do with cost as I only have approx €250 max to spend. I also considered just purchasing the POPO headphones and trying them out on the X given that it really is a fine player. 

What do you think?, or maybe you could suggest a set of headphones ( €250 max) that would make the X "shine".

Thanks for reading.

May 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 4
I wouldn't suggest you to try the RoCoo P - I haven't heard the X1060 but I suspect that the SQ of the RoCoo is not any better, especially since you like your music bassy. The RoCoo's interface is certainly worse so this doesn't help either.
Just stick with your player and spend the 250 euros on headphones. Which headphones to pick depends on what you want them for and your sound preferences more than your player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back