Upgrading from Sennheiser HD595 and KRK kns8400
Jul 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hieupham93

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, i need your recommendations for my next headphone that I'll purchase in the near future.

I've owned the HD595 and kns8400 for quite some time. The kns8400 really needs an amp to boost up its volume so that's the reason I don't want to bring it around so much.

I'm looking for a closed and portable headphone because I want to bring it to public places to enjoy my music so noise-canclelation is a good option .I listen mostly to classical, pop, R&B, and some soft rock. I dont really want a bassy headphone, but bass is a must have. The HD595 has very light bass.

Price range is around $150 up to $300. I really want a headphone that's well worth the money.

Please help me out. Any comments or recommendations will be appriciated. Thank you.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 7
My best recommendation is the Sony MDR-1R's. Also, check out the Sennheisser Momentums and the ATH-M50's. Feel free to ask anyone of them, as i have tried them.

Also, if you plan on buying a headphone next time, and dont want an amp, search for one with a low impendance (probably around 24 i think).

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 7
I just wonder how comfortable are those headphones that you just recommended? I usually wear them for a long period of time and I really want to feel comfy. I heard that the ATH M50 is not so comfortable for the long time of using it?

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #4 of 7
I own the MDR-1R's and a friend of mine owns the Momentums, and they are very comfortable (though the MDR-1R is a bit more comfortable than the momentum). But just a reminder, i dont wear glasses, so if your wearing some, try them out first. And yes i also own an M50 and theyre best used only in mixing. It isnt comfortable for extended usage.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm not sure where can I try them out before buying one of them. I'll look over some reviews first then ^^ I'm wearing glasses so I think I must be really careful before picking up one of them. One more question, do either of them leak sound? I don't really want to bother ppl around me :) Tks for the reply though.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 7
The MDR-1R's and the Mommentums do not leak any sound, and if they do, it's on a minimum. Any more questions, feel free. I've had plenty of hours listening to both so, just ask. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back