#$&! UPS!!!
Jan 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spillages

Head-Fier
Been expecting a late Xmas present to arrive and have been overly anxious for it. Ordered it Wednesday with overnight shipping as it was only $4 with amazon prime. Well, that's fine they did overnight shipping, but didn't ship the package until 3 days after I ordered it. Well got the message today while at work that the package had been delivered to the front door and I knew nobody was home so I rushed straight home after work to find the front door propped open with the package inside. I pick it up and as I start walking inside I notice that it looks a bit odd. It takes me a moment to realize what is clearly obvious. The package had been opened and resealed with electrical tape... yes... electrical tape. Seriously? What? I am pissed. Before opening the package, I instantly call up Amazon, the shipper to inform them of this and how to proceed.

I feel bad as I was heated that this had happened to me. Especially because the lady on the other end was also dumbfounded and didn't know how to handle the call. She was still very polite and instructed me to open the package and examine the contents to see if we need to create a claim for the item. I open it up and find a handwritten note. I take a second to read it an apologize to the customer service representative. Looks like we have a bad case of the incompetent UPS driver and a very kind and trustworthy neighbor. She was in relief and told me that if it is damaged or for whatever reason I can call back and we can get a replacement shipped ASAP.

Here is the letter, I put a classified sticker there for privacy. as I live at the same address, only 1 street over on 9th.

I am very grateful to have neighbors like these. I wish I could return the favor. I will probably just walk over there and say thanks to her and tell her my story.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I'd look at this incident on the bright side, for your neighbor's humanity rather than UPS' incompetence, though they are just that occasionally. 

I agree, be grateful you have a good neighbor.....that is not a given these days.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 7
Definitely not a given, especially when ipads are involved.  Here's why good fences don't make good neighbors:

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for sharing this, like the idea of a plate of baked goods but from your local bakery instead

It is nice to have great neighbors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back