V-Moda Discomfort (XL Memory Cushions?)
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Areyn

New Head-Fier
So I received my Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones a few days ago and feeling fairly unsatisfied...

They sound quite fantastic and the build quality is ridiculously good, however the comfort is unbearable. I've been using my HyperX Clouds (Takstar Pro 80's) for over 2 years now and the comfort with the larger oval earcups are like pillows for my head. I can wear them quite literally all day if i wanted to as my ears fit right into the cups without making contact with the drivers or pads themselves. The Crossfades are large enough that my ears fit into the cups, but have very little space inside leaving my right ear in particular under immense pain even after 10 minutes of use.

Would XL Cushions help alleviate some of this discomfort? The Crossfade 2 Wireless already have improved ear cups compared to the M100's/Wireless 1 so I'm not sure how much difference they will make. I'll continue using them on and off, but ultimately might return them which is a shame.

I also noticed the sound felt fairly "2 dimensional" compared to the clouds which sounded more wide and open, I'm not sure if that's the result of different ear cups or by design. I know technically all headphones are 2 channel, but in general they did sound less "immersive".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back