V-Moda LP2 vs. Sennheiser 598 vs. Ultrasone HFI 580
Oct 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
Best for :

-Bass
-Comfort
-Durable

Should I just buy a FIIO e11 amp with L9 LOD for my Sennheiser HD 439's or would it be more beneficial to buy a new pair of headphones with no amp?

Im a bass junkie.

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 9
If you listen loud and love bass, the LP2s for sure. They are built tough as well.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 9
bass junkie? HD598? i see a disaster.
HD598 don't have generous bass, just a tap, no punch
as currawong stated, LP2 is your best bet, they look awesome too
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
bass junkie? HD598? i see a disaster.
HD598 don't have generous bass, just a tap, no punch
as currawong stated, LP2 is your best bet, they look awesome too
biggrin.gif

People yell at me for posting multiple threads regarding the same thing...BUT THIS IS WHY!!! In one of my other posts, someone said the HD 598's are the best, and I have the HD 439's...the bass is accurate but not what I am looking for..But okay thanks, and I dont know if you know, but what do you recommend: the LP's, LP2's or the m-100's? are they worth 310$? Thanks

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
People yell at me for posting multiple threads regarding the same thing...BUT THIS IS WHY!!! In one of my other posts, someone said the HD 598's are the best, and I have the HD 439's...the bass is accurate but not what I am looking for..But okay thanks, and I dont know if you know, but what do you recommend: the LP's, LP2's or the m-100's? are they worth 310$? Thanks

well im haven't had a chance to listen to any Vmoda except a brief 10 second audition of the M80. maybe you could try posting in the V moda thread, but from what i know the LP has more powerful bass than the LP2 (which are more neutral) M100 i have no idea, it is so new

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

You're a bass junkie so stay away from Sennheiser, they have NO BASS. People who think Sennheiser has a lot of bass are NOT bass junkie and lacking bass is too much bass for them.

The Ultrasone is an entry level basshead headphone. It'll have just enough bass to get you through but won't satisfy an extreme basshead

The Crossfade LP2 is what you want if you want a lot of bass, but you'll have to sacrifice a bit of sound quality. To me it's a great hiphop/rap/dubstep headphone.

As for the M100, wait for a non-fanboy review.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 9
You're a bass junkie so stay away from Sennheiser, they have NO BASS. People who think Sennheiser has a lot of bass are NOT bass junkie and lacking bass is too much bass for them.

The Ultrasone is an entry level basshead headphone. It'll have just enough bass to get you through but won't satisfy an extreme basshead

The Crossfade LP2 is what you want if you want a lot of bass, but you'll have to sacrifice a bit of sound quality. To me it's a great hiphop/rap/dubstep headphone.

As for the M100, wait for a non-fanboy review.

So you recommend the lp2? The previous poster said the LP's have more bass than the LP2..?

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
So you recommend the lp2? The previous poster said the LP's have more bass than the LP2..?

Here's the reply from Val (owner or V-Moda) when I asked him about the sound difference between the LP and LP2

Think of the LP2 (squared) as a limited edition model of the LP. There was a bit of fine tuning done with the LP2 but nothing significant to the ear. The LP2 also comes in a color scheme that you cannot find on the LP. 

I didn't notice much of a difference so I stayed with the LP because it was cheaper. I did like the LP2 better but it wasn't worth the extra cost.
I got the LP for $89 and the LP2 for $160. I returned the LP2 a week later.

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Here's the reply from Val (owner or V-Moda) when I asked him about the sound difference between the LP and LP2

I didn't notice much of a difference so I stayed with the LP because it was cheaper. I did like the LP2 better but it wasn't worth the extra cost.
I got the LP for $89 and the LP2 for $160. I returned the LP2 a week later.

Oh okay, thanks a lot for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back