V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback
Dec 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #316 of 324

IMO, no way. It is too colored, but is a solid sounding headphone with heavy, commanding bass.  Mids and highs are certainly respectable.   I never believe the marketing hype.  The Velodyne VTrue calls itself an audiophile headphone and if you heard them you would understand that how ridiculous that claim is.

i agree

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #317 of 324
  coming from a pair of Q701's I'm curious as to whether these headphones still have presence and clarity in the mids and highs? definitely interested in these headphones as a replacement due to the portability and bass presence 

on a side note does anyone know if the headband on the shadow model is difficult to keep clean or not sue to it being made of fabric unlike the other two colours?

Having owned both No. The M100 lacks quite a bit of detail but for a Bass head phone it's passable. Im trying out the D600 which some people have said is more detailed, larger soundstage and better build than the M100 so maybe they are worth a look?

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #318 of 324

coming from a pair of Q701's I'm curious as to whether these headphones still have presence and clarity in the mids and highs? definitely interested in these headphones as a replacement due to the portability and bass presence 

on a side note does anyone know if the headband on the shadow model is difficult to keep clean or not sue to it being made of fabric unlike the other two colours?

Having owned both No. The M100 lacks quite a bit of detail but for a Bass head phone it's passable.

I concur. The M-100's sound signature is quite far off from that of the K 701. If you're looking for a K 701-like headphone, perhaps the K550 would be a better option.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #319 of 324
Ok, so I probably made the wrong decision purchasing these or I'm not allowing enough burn in time. 

I listen to a lot of rock/metal with some rap/pop here and there, almost no electronic. 

I have been listening to the band A Day To Remember and it sounds terrible in my opinion. Granted this is out of the box listening, will burn in give me that much improvement? vocals sound muffled and behind the bass. Granted these are supposedly a bass heavy headphone but i've read a lot of positive reviews stating that its not overpowering. 

I mainly wanted a set of headphones for subway and travel. I have HD650's, DT880's, M50's, HD280 and a bunch more but nothing really fit that portable mode for me. 
Would the Sennheiser Momentum suit my style of listening better? I like the foldability of the M100 which is it's main draw (and the vast positive reviews). 
Price isn't a factor. These M100's might be going back to Amazon. 

I am going to leave the M100 hooked up to my computer playing for the next 24 hours, see if that changes anything. 

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #321 of 324
You could try the Yamaha Pro 500, heard these the other day and they are fantastic. The momentum are good, they are quite overpriced though and very congested sounding so can sound a bit muddled at times. Headphone burn in is over blown. I would say the time you have spent is enough to get a true idea of their sound.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #324 of 324
Reading thru this and other V-Moda threads.

For an older head-fi guy such as I the consensus is that the 100 is preferred as it opens up the sound by compensating for age-related hearing loss?

Any other big differences? Reading some comments it seems that the 80 is a balanced can, with the 100 having greater basshead boost and more highs, a 'V' shaped sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back