Vacuum Tube Hybrid amp
Feb 11, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 19

I might have to buy this. Anyone had experience with these?

Yeah, i have one and its great, build quality is top notch, quite light too..

Best thing about it is that you can roll opamps and im using muses02 based on recommendations by anakchan (read his review)

This amp is mainly for iems thou and the sound it gives my iems are great. It adds soundstage, gives dat warmth tubey sound and makes the mids and highs a tad forward.. To my ears..

Synergy with my LG G2 is outta this world good and im sure uwont be disappointed. Great starting point to the tube world

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 19
No...I touched em 
rolleyes.gif

I was intrigued by the hybrid tech.
I didn't mean cheap in a bad way I meant relative to the beauty of it.
I think I will get em. Is there a bass boost or switch?

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 19
No...I touched em :rolleyes:
I was intrigued by the hybrid tech.
I didn't mean cheap in a bad way I meant relative to the beauty of it.
I think I will get em. Is there a bass boost or switch?

No there isnt, only a low/high gain switch... But to my ears the high gain actually changes the sound and pushes mids/highs foward hence making warmer iems sound neutral..

Yeah i get what you mean about the price, its cheap for the quality it brings.. Well i bought mine for usd280

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #14 of 19
Seem change to muses02 from 8820 ?? I wondering to change it to 8920 or opa2604....

Between the stock 8820 and the 2604, i preferred the former because the 2604 was way too warm and lush and also carried more distortions and with my current iems lost a hell lot of details. The 8820 was also warm but details were very good and soundstage and instrument separation was spot on. The muses02 carried similar sonics with the 8820 but took it up a notch a level or 2.

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #15 of 19
Between the stock 8820 and the 2604, i preferred the former because the 2604 was way too warm and lush and also carried more distortions and with my current iems lost a hell lot of details. The 8820 was also warm but details were very good and soundstage and instrument separation was spot on. The muses02 carried similar sonics with the 8820 but took it up a notch a level or 2.

Point taken.....i'll try....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back