Vahalla 2 tubes loose?
May 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Wonc

New Head-Fier
Hi, im new to audiophile world and this website as well, so i am lack with the basic informations on rolling my gears.
So i have a question for you guys..

I recently bought second hand vahalla 2 from audiogon and modi2 uber + vali 2 stack for me and my fiance. (so that we can listen to same music)

Since im broke after buying these gears at once, i am using my westone w50 iem and Earsonic ES3 for now. I am eye rolling on some cans that are mentioned here.

anyway, when i was setting vahalla 2 amp, i feel like the taller tubes are kinda loose, comparing to other tubes (or tube sockets) of vali 2 and vahalla 2's short tubes.

Is this normal? Tubes are not moving around, but i cannot say they are snug as other tubes.
(lets say in scale of 1 to 5, i have to push short tubes with force of 3 or 4. However taller tubes are 1; if i push it sideway with slight force, it will move).

If this is not normal,

Should i send it back to the seller? or sending it to schiit?

I rather sending it back to schiit for the repair, as i dont want to look around other buying options..

Also i have another question regarding their tubes. From their website FAQ, lisst should be fine with vahalla 2?
then they said, "but why?"

I assume that vahalla 2 dont need lisst? or not sound good as them with other amps such as lyr 2?
But why? I was trying to look some informations about this, but seem like everyone else already knows why.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back