VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Aug 27, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #1,384 of 3,324
got the Zen & Duke and it's funny that they sound waaay different. So if someone likes the Zen it is very possible that he won't like the Duke and vice versa. 

I think the Zen is just amazeballs! it is a big open headphone àla HD650 stuffed in an earbud. The dynamics of this little fella are just unbelievable. It smashes and crushes the music in my ears like no other.
Someone here posted that he compared other earbuds to it except the Blox TM7 and found the Zen to be the best of the lot. I second  that and I had the Senn.MX985 as well as TM7 and the Zen just crushes them with ease, there is really no contest. If someone looks for an earbud I think there is no better, but a clean amp is really needed to feed the beast.

Don't know what to say about the Duke however, it is much clearer and cleaner sounding than the Zen or other IEMs I heard, but also rather analytical sounding. I thought they are bright at first but then I met james444 yesterday and he showed me how he puts the tips on the Duke and to shove it deep in my ears. It sounded more neutral this way, but still rather analytical and less Zen-like.
So for those who like that signature, the Duke is definitely a top contender. However I will sell mine, as I am happy with the Zen. If anybody is interested in a nearly new Duke at a discounted price and want to save on EU-import-fees just shoot me a pm :wink:         

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #1,385 of 3,324
got the Zen & Duke and it's funny that they sound waaay different. So if someone likes the Zen it is very possible that he won't like the Duke and vice versa. 

I think the Zen is just amazeballs! it is a big open headphone àla HD650 stuffed in an earbud. The dynamics of this little fella are just unbelievable. It smashes and crushes the music in my ears like no other.
Someone here posted that he compared other earbuds to it except the Blox TM7 and found the Zen to be the best of the lot. I second  that and I had the Senn.MX985 as well as TM7 and the Zen just crushes them with ease, there is really no contest. If someone looks for an earbud I think there is no better, but a clean amp is really needed to feed the beast.

Don't know what to say about the Duke however, it is much clearer and cleaner sounding than the Zen or other IEMs I heard, but also rather analytical sounding. I thought they are bright at first but then I met james444 yesterday and he showed me how he puts the tips on the Duke and to shove it deep in my ears. It sounded more neutral this way, but still rather analytical and less Zen-like.
So for those who like that signature, the Duke is definitely a top contender. However I will sell mine, as I am happy with the Zen. If anybody is interested in a nearly new Duke at a discounted price and want to save on EU-import-fees just shoot me a pm :wink:         
http://www.head-fi.org/t/777138/venture-electronics-ve-duke-a-new-high-performance-iem

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,386 of 3,324
It seems no more orders are available from aliexpress :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #1,387 of 3,324
  It seems no more orders are available from aliexpress :frowning2:

sorry about it, we will resume in a week or two~

Cheers

Lee

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #1,389 of 3,324
Listening to Zen + Mika Vainio, milky toad vs. eu, and Mispyrming tonight while editing some pics for my Cozoy Astrapi and Aegis reviews.

Man, I'm just amazed every time I pop these in my ears. Just fantastic!

Yup.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,390 of 3,324

How comfortable are these for small ears?  I find pk1 so far best comfortable for my small ears shape . Are these a lot bigger so that they won't fit?

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,392 of 3,324
Sep 4, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #1,395 of 3,324
  Absolutely - seems wise to wait and see if we can get more people interested - especially if we can make this an 'official' tour. Either way I'm happy to let people audition my own pair in Europe if shipping costs are covered. Perhaps if we can drum up enough interest I'll contact Lee for a an audition pair, otherwise I'll do it myself. When we get, say 5 or 6 people interested I'll begin, with @sososerious at the top of the list.

Hey there. A great idea. I'm myself am from Germany and own the anv3se thus not quite sure if I wanna get another pair of not. Thus the idea sounds quite appealing for me. Would love to take a part in that if it goes live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back