VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Dec 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #271 of 343
JDSLabs C5D is about the same Typhoon's spec. The same USB receiver, DAC chip, but different opamp gain. I hope someone can compare both devices.

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #273 of 343
thx mtthefirst, I'm waiting for that. 
actually, in my local store (headfonia's store) currently sell venturecraft Go Dap, but no Soundroid Typhoon. So I don't have any chance to compare with C5D that already came for first batch (with a little issue).

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #277 of 343
  It's 59800 yen and only 100 of them.

Not a bad deal considered a SDT + 02 is over that when I got mine, plus people can use my "Rakuten Brose Trick" to order it from the US site.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #278 of 343
Hi all,

I'm interested in getting the Soundroid to use with my iphones, so I have some questions that I hope can be answered here.

1) Will the Soundroid be compatible with the iphone 5S as well as the 3GS? ( On the Venturecraft Soundroid page , under specifications, it says it is compatible with the 3GS, but in the user manual, it does not mention the 3GS ). I would like to have the option to use both if possible.

2) Does the Soundroid come with cables to connect iphones to the Soundroid?

3) What is iDevice upsampling, and what setting should I use? ( sample rate and word length settings )

4) The Typhoon Red looks nice, but it's not mentioned on Venturecraft's website, if it is still available, from where can I purchase it?

5) I will be using the Soundroid primarily with my Earsonics SM64, will it be a good match?

Thanks for any advice

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #279 of 343
  Hi all,

I'm interested in getting the Soundroid to use with my iphones, so I have some questions that I hope can be answered here.

1) Will the Soundroid be compatible with the iphone 5S as well as the 3GS? ( On the Venturecraft Soundroid page , under specifications, it says it is compatible with the 3GS, but in the user manual, it does not mention the 3GS ). I would like to have the option to use both if possible.

2) Does the Soundroid come with cables to connect iphones to the Soundroid?

3) What is iDevice upsampling, and what setting should I use? ( sample rate and word length settings )

4) The Typhoon Red looks nice, but it's not mentioned on Venturecraft's website, if it is still available, from where can I purchase it?

5) I will be suing the Soundroid primarily with my Earsonics SM64, will it be a good match?

Thanks for any advice

1) You should be able to use both of your 5S and 3GS on Typhoon without any problem.

2) It only come with USB to micro-USB charging cable. You need to find a short USB to lightning/30 pin or just use standard cable that come with your iDevices.

3) The standard iDevice sampling rate and bit depth is 48kHz/16bits. I test with different setting and find that, with critical listening session, upsampling will slightly have smooth sound. 

4) Those red Typhoon are limited edition. Only 100 units are made and I think it's only for japan.

5) SM64 should be ok with Typhoon. Since SM64 is very high impedance iem, you won't notice the effect of impedance mismatch like some of us that use lower impedance iem.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #280 of 343
Thanks mtthefirst !!

If I need to find a short USB to lightning / 30 pin cable, do Venturecraft manufacture and sell such a cable?

If not, where would be my best bet to find one?

Looks like I am all set to go and order the Soundroid Typhoon ^^

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #281 of 343
  Thanks mtthefirst !!

If I need to find a short USB to lightning / 30 pin cable, do Venturecraft manufacture and sell such a cable?

If not, where would be my best bet to find one?

Looks like I am all set to go and order the Soundroid Typhoon ^^

Yes, they also sell those cable but It's very expensive (150$) since it's not a standard cable but ultra pure 7N copper cable (99.99999%). There are other brands that sell short USB to lightning/30 pin cable with much cheaper like Vmoda and Furutech.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #282 of 343
  Yes, they also sell those cable but It's very expensive (150$) since it's not a standard cable but ultra pure 7N copper cable (99.99999%). There are other brands that sell short USB to lightning/30 pin cable with much cheaper like Vmoda and Furutech.

$201.20 in Amazon :p. That's funny, I thought they dropped the price of the 30-pin digital LOD after releasing their Lightning version.

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #283 of 343
I still have a new VC 7N 30 pin interconnect for sale if anyone wants it.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #285 of 343
I have been speaking with a VentureCraft representative over the last 2 weeks, and I was able to order those lucky bags they have on sale, 
As long as payment went through, they were able to deliver to Korea. The VC year end special bundle sale website is in Japanese,
( and me not knowing how to read Japanese ),
the VC rep was good enough to  send me an invoice to pay via Paypal. 

Should be here sometime this week. Now, I gotta get me an iphone 5S !

I must say the people at VentureCraft, or at least the person who I was communicating with was extremely helpful. 

+1 for getting the job done, quickly, and without any hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back