"Vintage" headphone Identification help
Dec 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ArcticPhones

New Head-Fier
Ya first Head-Fi post,
In the past I've been able to find all my answers by searching the forms(Very helpful form
k701smile.gif
) so I haven't joined till no
w.

Anyway couldn't find any information about these headphones so I figured I'd join and ask if anyone on the form knew
anything about them.

Now these are probably just old not "vintage" but here's the link to the listing
They're called: Impulse SH-009

Now I haven't yet received them but I figured I might as well post now as it doesn't seem
like I'd be able to figure out to much more about them by having them in hand. The brand
and model # are visible from the images and are as previously named, there is also
signification that they are made in Japan.

[size=10.0pt]Now I'm probably going to just use them for parts, but before I cannibalize them I wanted
to know if there's any history behind them, so[/size]
[size=10.0pt] that I might  fix them [/size][size=10.0pt]instead[/size][size=10.0pt]. Going back
to identification I can't seem to find any information on these headphones, furthermore no
information of a company named Impulse either. This however could be due to if you search
for "Impulse headphones" Google thinks you're referring to the type of headphone not a brand. [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Part of the reason I'm interested if they're of any value is their build quality seems pretty high,
now I guess back in the day everything was metal but still they seem to be of a higher quality,
but I suppose to make a determination on that I'd need actually inspect them. [/size]

Unfortunately the seller also doesn't know anything about them having purchased them at a antique store broken.
[size=10.0pt]So if anyone happens to know anything about them that'd be great.[/size]

[size=10pt]Thanks,
AP
[/size]

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 3
most likely Pioneer - made and  rebranded for another company.

look down until you see the LE series models here.
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/pioneer/pioneerindex.html&usg=ALkJrhjclRugc9FaZW86nHhso9FEv4CfbQ

actually very close the the Akai ASE-7

and i just noticed this was your first post !!! WELCOME & Congratulations, and as they say around here, "sorry about your wallet"

Be very careful in here. I too started by asking about an obscure headphone, and now I shudder at what happened.

I'm not joking be careful
jecklinsmile.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 3
O wow thanks those seem to be them, I'm surprised such a specific article existed.
And ya they were kind of an Impulse buy (ba dum khss) so I'm then guessing their
not worth much.
Which is ok, I'm planning on using the headband for a project of mine; $14 would be about the
amount of money I'd need to spend in sheet metal anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back