Wanted - On-Ear phones with a sound like UE Triple-Fi 10's
Mar 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jethro10

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking for comfy on ear phones. Tried about 3-4 months ago, but failed and gave up for a while.

I bough the Wife some UE Triple-Fi 10's for christmas and she loves them, I've tried them and love the liveliness and attack, the enthusiasm of them.
I've tried V-Moda Crossfade M-80 ones. Fit and quality was superb, but they sounded, well dull, muggy, and slow and uninspiring.
These are really the only decent headphones I've tried to give you an idea of my sound balance.
But back in the day when I did a proper Hi-Fi, I would prefer small speakers like Linn Kan which have (had) life and speed, to larger ones.

Any one any ideas on on-ear phones, preferably with removable cable, with the liveliness of the UE phones?

Approx £100, as I don't use them as often as the Wife.

Thanks
Jeff

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 5
I think the closest you are going to get is the UE 6000 or maybe the Audio technica m50s....I love the triples, and these are my over the ear headphones I go to

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 5
I actually think the sennheiser hd25-ii is the closest to the tf10 from the few ive tried. They are as fast as each other, are very punchy yet not that deep. The hd25 actually sounds more closed than the tf10 though (I think this is one the tf10s many pluses). And they go for very reasonable prices in the US at least.

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 5
The MDR-XB800, Sennheiser Amperior are pretty good for price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back