Warm IEM with over-ear-cable < 100$
Apr 6, 2018 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

KopaneDePooj

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I don't have much experience with IEM's, I use mainly headphones. (please see my profile page)
I'm interested in a warm sounding IEM, with good sub-bass, some punch in the mid-bass but not too much bloom, not too forward nor recessed midrange, smooth but present high-mids and treble. Non-fatiguing, natural sound, full-bodied vocals. Best possible soundstage. Over-ear style that looks like a CIEM but is an universal one with tips. Max price ~ 100 $.

Something that sounds like a Koss Porta Pro and looks like this:

empire0119_x_bravado.jpg

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 16
I just ordered the BlitzWolf BW-ES2s. Supposed to provide good bass and have clear mids and highs. I think they're warm sounding. I can let you know on Tuesday when I get them. They're SUPER budget headphones though (~$16). I mainly wanted to comment because I am also interested to see what warm IEMs under a 100 there are out there.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 16
I just ordered the BlitzWolf BW-ES2s. Supposed to provide good bass and have clear mids and highs. I think they're warm sounding. I can let you know on Tuesday when I get them. They're SUPER budget headphones though (~$16). I mainly wanted to comment because I am also interested to see what warm IEMs under a 100 there are out there.
They look nice but over-the-ear cable is a must for me, I don't like straight-down. That's why I'm looking for the form factor in the photo above. For straight-down I have my IEMs bundled with the HTC 10 which are very decent and warm sounding, but the straight-down cable always produces microphonics and is less secure.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 16
HiFiMan RE-400 and don't look back. Clear bass, forward and lush mids and rolled off treble. Decent soundstage. The warm standard imo. Even better if you have a DAC (I use Dragonfly Red).

You can find a pair for like $50.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 16
Yes, but the cable is still straight-down... I want over-ear cable.
Any other recommendations?

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #7 of 16
Shozy Zero’s can easily be worn either way and have a slider if you need. They are fairly warm with decent detail and soundstage.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 16
What about the FiiO FH-1 ?
I realy like the shape and accessories included (2 removable cables). I saw some youtube reviews that say they have warm signature too.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #10 of 16
I forgot to say that while the KZ-ATE are still V shaped, their bass and mids are not lacking so you could get the desired sound with a bit of EQ. Il you want a very dark sound add $20 to your budget and get Westone W10's.

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #11 of 16
Nuforce EDC or EDC3 might be up your alley. I agree with a previous poster, but I'd suggest the RE600s v2, if it's still on sale.

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 16
What about the FiiO FH-1 ?
I realy like the shape and accessories included (2 removable cables). I saw some youtube reviews that say they have warm signature too.
Imo, the fiio is good, but streching to something like the EDC 3 or just taking the EDC during a drop would be ideal, welcome to inear-fi, sorry about your wallet

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #13 of 16
Imo, the fiio is good, but streching to something like the EDC 3 or just taking the EDC during a drop would be ideal, welcome to inear-fi, sorry about your wallet
Thanks! :)
Is the EDC 3 available outside Massdrop (maybe under different name)?
I'm in Europe so Massdrop is not convenient for me (high tax / vat / transport fees)

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #14 of 16
Thanks! :)
Is the EDC 3 available outside Massdrop (maybe under different name)?
I'm in Europe so Massdrop is not convenient for me (high tax / vat / transport fees)
Hrmmm nope, I guess u r better off with a shozy zero and buying one of those cheap earhooks. The shozy zero improves slightly with burn in

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #15 of 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back