Warm Sounding headphone Below 200 dollars
Oct 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bencherian

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all guys and audiophiles.
I need a warm sounding bit bass oriented headphones for casual listening. Closed cans are my preference.
I am sensitive to bright highs thats y not into Vshaped headphones.
I hope Beyerdynamics and Audiotechnica have that bright detailed highs.
Can anyone please help me and recommend any other headphone warm sounding ?

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 11
nad viso hp50 might be a good pick. it's on the warm side of neutral, fits well in your budget if you manage to find a good deal, and has a very balanced, pleasant, smooth sound. i have a pair, and i often find myself listening to it for 4-5 hours without any discomfort. my only concerns are the cheap factory cable (replaceable, though) and the small cups that might be uncomfortable for those with big ears.

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 11
Hi all guys and audiophiles.
I need a warm sounding bit bass oriented headphones for casual listening. Closed cans are my preference.
I am sensitive to bright highs thats y not into Vshaped headphones.
I hope Beyerdynamics and Audiotechnica have that bright detailed highs.
Can anyone please help me and recommend any other headphone warm sounding ?
Am looking out for Akg 553pro also. Heard its warm sounding.

I don't think the K553 would satisfy the "bit bass oriented" part of your requirements. Also, its big, round, firm earcup/earpad combo can make for a seal-challenged fit on some heads (though it works on my largish head just fine).

I like @s4tch's NAD VISO HP50 suggestion (though I'm not sure if it can be found in the "below 200 dollars" price range). Also consider the Sony MDR-1A (which is one of the most comfortable closed headphones, in my opinion) or the AKG K7XX (Massdrop). I think any of these three headphones would fit your desired sonic description more closely than the K553 would.

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 11
Am looking out for Akg 553pro also. Heard its warm sounding.

Nah, the K553pro would not give you the bass you desire. I like the Yamaha MT220. They have very deep bass and are really musical. They have detailed highs but never bright or fatiguing. Lots of fun to listen too.

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #7 of 11
Capture+_2017-10-24-10-33-16.png
Guys. Any idea about Meze 99 Neo ? I have seen them well as sub 200 dollar range.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 11
Guys. Any idea about Meze 99 Neo ? I have seen them well as sub 200 dollar range.
i've heard the $300 meze 99 classics, and those are brilliant. they have a faster bass response and more top end compared to the nad hp50's. rumors say that neo's are tuned differently, still, i think the neo's are well worth a try, too.

@jude - you're right that hp50's are usually priced above $200. however, based on my experience with local/eu shops, they are regularly available on deals. the best one i can remember was at the amazon uk site when they sold out a bunch of open box hp50's for around 120-130 gbp with worldwide shipping available. also, the sony mdr-1a is a really comfy pair of headphones indeed; too bad for their sloppy, kind of overemphasized bass bleeding into the mids, though. speaking of bassy headphones, the at m50x have a more controlled bass than their predecessors. those might fit the requirements, too.

@harry501501 +1 on the yamaha

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #9 of 11
I don't think the K553 would satisfy the "bit bass oriented" part of your requirements. Also, its big, round, firm earcup/earpad combo can make for a seal-challenged fit on some heads (though it works on my largish head just fine).

I like @s4tch's NAD VISO HP50 suggestion (though I'm not sure if it can be found in the "below 200 dollars" price range). Also consider the Sony MDR-1A (which is one of the most comfortable closed headphones, in my opinion) or the AKG K7XX (Massdrop). I think any of these three headphones would fit your desired sonic description more closely than the K553 would.

I hope you have listened to K553pro.
What about Meze 99 Neo ? It sometimes comes under 200 dollar range. Some suggested me those headphone for that bit bass with warmth

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #10 of 11
i've heard the $300 meze 99 classics, and those are brilliant. they have a faster bass response and more top end compared to the nad hp50's. rumors say that neo's are tuned differently, still, i think the neo's are well worth a try, too.

@jude - you're right that hp50's are usually priced above $200. however, based on my experience with local/eu shops, they are regularly available on deals. the best one i can remember was at the amazon uk site when they sold out a bunch of open box hp50's for around 120-130 gbp with worldwide shipping available. also, the sony mdr-1a is a really comfy pair of headphones indeed; too bad for their sloppy, kind of overemphasized bass bleeding into the mids, though. speaking of bassy headphones, the at m50x have a more controlled bass than their predecessors. those might fit the requirements, too.

@harry501501 +1 on the yamaha

Thanks, but i dont like that spiky treble or that bright highs of Ath m50x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back