WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #256 of 1,210
Is anyone familiar with PayPal buyer protection policy? I have an auction I think is legit and it says so long as I use paypal my item is covered. So I assume this means if I get the item and it's fake I just show proof via pictures and then lodge a dispute?

Has anyone used this process and was it straight forward?

Thanks

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #257 of 1,210
Most of the IE8s for sale in eBay are fake. An item that as MSRP of $499 being sold for $89? Too good to be true...
wink.gif

I just ordered mine from RazorDog! Deals. He is a very nice to person to deal with. I visited his site and saw the items he has for sale in eBay. He has a 100% reputation!
If anybody is looking for a genuine pair, I recommend talking to him.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #258 of 1,210
I talked with the Sennheiser guys today at CES and they had never seen fake IE8s and, while one of them knew about this thread, didn't seem to indicate it is a big issue, at least that they know about. I told them a possible way to ensure people are getting real IE8s. And another thing I thought was interesting is they seemed to indicate there aren't that many sales of the IE8s. Are most IE8 purchases head-fiers?

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #261 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked with the Sennheiser guys today at CES and they had never seen fake IE8s and, while one of them knew about this thread, didn't seem to indicate it is a big issue, at least that they know about. I told them a possible way to ensure people are getting real IE8s. And another thing I thought was interesting is they seemed to indicate there aren't that many sales of the IE8s. Are most IE8 purchases head-fiers?

I emailed Sennheiser using their counterfeit reporting form, told them of the supplier selling the fake IE8s, where they're listed (Alibaba), etc.

Never heard a word from them.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #262 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone familiar with PayPal buyer protection policy? I have an auction I think is legit and it says so long as I use paypal my item is covered. So I assume this means if I get the item and it's fake I just show proof via pictures and then lodge a dispute?

Has anyone used this process and was it straight forward?

Thanks

Yes, you should be covered. Paypal usually sides with the buyers in most cases, provided you have substantial proof. Though the burden of proof usually rests on the seller to show they didn't sell you fakes.

In most cases, the seller resolves quickly once the complaint has been filed and you'll usually get a refund once you send the item back (tracking number required).

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #263 of 1,210
Thanks guys I am strongly thinking I will get these IE7. They look real to me and I feel better getting them from another headfi-er. I figure these may fit my needs better even though they are the smaller sibling to the IE8. I think their smoother nature may suite my needs at work better than the Ie8 would. I also like the fact they won't isolate so much (been trying my TF10's at work and they just isolate wayyyyy to much!). I also like the idea of more forward mids as right now my TF10 and my HD600 are a bit more laid back in that area. So I've sent the seller some PM's and am just waiting to see if I am the lucky chosen one LOL. BTW my wallet will thanks me too LOL. Thanks for the information though everyone.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #265 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you should be covered. Paypal usually sides with the buyers in most cases, provided you have substantial proof. Though the burden of proof usually rests on the seller to show they didn't sell you fakes.

In most cases, the seller resolves quickly once the complaint has been filed and you'll usually get a refund once you send the item back (tracking number required).

I filed a paypal dispute using just this thread as evidence... sent the parcel on tuesday via special delivery and the seller hasn't recieved it yet somehow?? Should've got it by Wednesday before 1pm. Tracked and all. No email from paypal. What!

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #266 of 1,210
Damn that sucks, the same happened to me with a pair of IE7's. But after I opened a claim on eBay, the guy sent me my money back. So I took apart the headphones and to no surprise found some cheap crappy mini-speakers in the headphones.
Hope you get your refund.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #267 of 1,210
How quickly things change... I ended up finding this auction on Ebay that looked legit and managed to win it. So I know there is no close up pictures of the headphones themselves but everything looks like the cases and stuff I have seen in other legit pictures plus the original bill of sales are all included (allowing me the remainder of the 2yr warranty). I think this looks above board. What are you fellow head-fiers opinion?

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #270 of 1,210
Does anyone know of any European authorized dealers who sell online?

I'm really scared to buy them on eBay. I saw this guy selling some "Genuine Sennheiser IE8" with 99.9% positive feedback. I ignored the "A+++ seller" commments and went straight to the only negative comment he received. Guess for what? For selling a fake item (not a Sennheiser though). To his credit, it seems he refunded the buyer, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back